Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just placed my order with GMW. Need pickups color suggestions

Hi folks:

I just placed my order with Lee for a Charvel Strathead type guitar. Specs of the guitar are:

Charvel Strat type alder body
    Bolt on maple neac/fingerboard with dot inlays
    Original Floyd Rose (recessed)
    Black hardware
    Duncan Custom Trembucker and 59 pickups
    One volume control
    Three way toggle switch
    Football oval jackplate
    Schaller Straplocks
    Color will be glossy dark blue

Here is my dilemma: I don't know what would be the coolest color for the pickups. What would you choose between zebra and white?

Lee has all the parts for the guitar, so he gave me a 6 week delivery time. I'll pray to see if I can get it in that timeframe because my custom BC Rich ASM Tony MacAlpine Replica took one year.

Re: Just placed my order with GMW. Need pickups color suggestions

Will it have pickups bezels and if so what color?

Comment

Black and blue DiMarzios!! Oh wait, that's what I'm going with on my blue/gray snakeskin on the Jackson I'm having WarriorX7 refin for me. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

If you're only going with either zebra or white, I'd go zebra. Or maybe go double cream for more of an old-school look! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] Duncan will do the double cream in the custom shop with covers... all you have to do is take them off.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I think White will be nice.
        [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

The pickups won't have bezels. I'm leaning towards zebra, but would like to entertain other opinions.

Comment

White will look like ass. Black and blue bobbins would be cool. Tony Iommi looking black nickel covered would look cool, EMG's would look great.
            Out of the 2 choices you provide I would go with zebra's.
            The white pickups would look great if they had gold poles and you had gold hardware and gold tuners with white perloid knobs.It would look killer against a blue body.

Comment

classic double cream would be real cool..

http://www.sandimascharvel.com/prince.htm

Comment

Double cream is also becoming very interesting to me. Dammit! Decisions!

Comment

Hey Econ,

You're obviously a big fan of GMW's work. I'm curious...why did you sell your BC Rich ASM copy after receiving it?

Comment

go for double cream hums and cream bezels.

Comment

What's up Ervin?
                      hmmmm... I'm with you, that is a tough choice deciding between zebras and double creme. I'm leaning toward the double creme though.

Comment

I haven't sold my GMW BC Rich ASM "Tony MacAlpine Replica". I put it up for sale but nobody express interest in it. I'm selling it cause I want to buy something different. The guitar plays great!

Comment

Working...
                        X