Peavey Destiny Pickup Question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey Destiny Pickup Question?

I have 2 Peavey Destiny guitars, 1 has had the original humbucker in the bridge replaced with a Dam` PAF Pro. The other has an original hum in the bridge that is absolutely smokin hot and sounds great!! Would anyone know the manufacturer and model of this pickup that came stock in these guitars? I have asked some people, and 1 guy said he thought it was a GOTHO? The company that makes tuners and bridges. Thank you-Jack.

Re: Peavey Destiny Pickup Question?

Jack, I don't think it's a Gotoh by any stretch of the imagination. My NJ BC Rich Bich had Gotoh's in it, and even though they are decent pickups, the construction is WAY different to that of the Destiny pickups. Not to mention that they would say "GOTOH" on the bottom if they were. As far as I understand it, they are Peavey's own pickups. The Destiny handbook lists them simply as "distortion class Alnico humbucking pickup". Sorry I couldn't be more helpful. FYI mine reads around the 15k range on the multimeter. That's pretty damn hot in my books!!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Just FYI, my old Peavey guitar had a schaller humbucker in it, and it was a really nice pickup.

Comment

Hmmmmmmmm. Maybe it is either a Schaller or peavey made pickup, either way, they sound very hot, but not sterile like some hot pickups sound [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Thanks-Jack.

Comment

Have you contacted Peavey? The last time I had a question about an older guitar, they helped my out with lots of info. Any time I've contacted them, the have gone out of their way to help me.
          The Buzzard does not fear
          The man in riot gear
          Harvest a skull of stone
          The Buzzard grows his own...

Comment

Thank you Flametop, I will give Peavey a buzz and see if they can answer that one for me, I am very curious what pickup it is [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Thanks-Jack.

Comment

Working...
            X