• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just picked one up

http://www.rondomusic.bigstep.com/it...8&PRID=1123823

and am I impressed!!!
    Fantastic for the price.

As of right now, I am ordering one of these to go with it.

http://www.rondomusic.bigstep.com/it...8&PRID=1426835

Laugh or scoff all you want, but these things epitomize the word value!!!
    I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Re: Just picked one up

Oh yeah, I forgot to say, I got the black with gold hardware 2500.
    I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Ugg, Rondouche Music! They're a shop here in NJ. God, I hate that place!!! I guess those cheapo guitars are okay... a couple people on the Carvin board have them.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

bombtek, full report when you get 'em. I kinda like the V & Explorer ones.
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

The AL3000 Prestige is getting rave reveiws everywhere, ebony board, abalone inlays, bound and crowned ,decent pickups and electronics, and polished nickel frets and solid mahogany. This is a very good buy as I see it, made in Korea, not China like the SX models. Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
            Ugg, Rondouche Music! They're a shop here in NJ. God, I hate that place!!! I guess those cheapo guitars are okay... a couple people on the Carvin board have them.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Just wondering, are there other good and useful forums like our J/C forum??? Anyone care to list them?? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

The Pickups in my LP cost more than that, let us know how they play and sound. They look really nice for the $$.

BB

Comment

Ok, I recieved the black and gold Agile 2500 yesterday, and placed the order for the flametop burst Agile 3000 today. I went into the local shop here in Baltimore that sells both Gibsons, and Epiphones with the 2500 out of the box un set up (just tuned) for comparison. I gave them the spiel about a trade-in possibility (yeah right!). In every situation, the Agile beat out the Epi for playability, fretwork, feel, and looks (this was the first time that I really paid close attention to Epiphone's quality control and I must say, I think that it sucks!) and the Agile is 300 dollars cheaper. The Gibsons on the other hand for the most part exceeded the Agile in all areas, but again the Gibsons were spotty in quality control. One guitar would feel REALLY nice, and the one next to it wouldn't do much for me at all.....hard to explain....
                Back to the Agile, the fretwork is VERY good...no sharp edges, and no buzz. the binding is cream colored and nicely done....no missing spots, chips etc..., the neck lol..Holy Cripes!!!! is this thing thick (think baseball bat), and easy to play. The pickups, nice hot bridge and a THICK (not muddy) neck. Hardware, looks like it'll hold up (it is gold so we'll see about that). All electronics function properly and there is a nice tonal variety that can be achieved through pickup selection. I've looked over this guitar with a fine-tooth comb and can find no glaring imperfections whatsoever. The paint is very thick and absolutely gorgeous, and the MOP (I'm sure it is not real but it looks better than the Jackson MOTO) inlays (along with the MOP headstock logo/emblem) with the gold hardware look VERY sharp.
                To tell you the truth about this guitar, I think that it is better in every aspect when compared to the Epiphone, but probably about 1 1/2 steps below a USA Gibson (provided you find a good one).
                This may not be the most unbiased comparison that you will ever read as I am the owner of the guitar, but I am VERY happy with the purchase of the Agile 2500, and look foward to the delivery of the Agile 3000. For the money you spend on one of these, you cannot go wrong.

Comment

How does it sound? Like, ya know, through an amp? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

anybody else notice that the guitars weight is 30 LBS!? [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Comment

That's shipping weight. The guitars weigh similar to others.

Comment

Wow, that whole line of guitars is enticing. I'm surprised they're made out of wood at those prices! Are their explorer-shaped ones any different to Gibsons? If they're the same shape, how come they're allowed to do this when Jackson can't make them anymore!
                        "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMedal II:
                          Wow, that whole line of guitars is enticing. I'm surprised they're made out of wood at those prices! Are their explorer-shaped ones any different to Gibsons? If they're the same shape, how come they're allowed to do this when Jackson can't make them anymore!
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Probably because A) they're made in Korea, and B) Jackson and FMIC have a deal not to do each others shapes, blah blah, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane:
                            B) Jackson and FMIC have a deal not to do each others shapes, blah blah, etc.
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That should be "Gibson and FMIC have a deal not to do each others shapes". Sorry for the mixup - I should know better than to post when I'm tired. =P

'bane

Comment

About how it sounds.....I play through an old Crate G-1500 amp that is kinda beat. Put up against my favorite Jackson p/u the J-95, the Agile comes close to the hot output, but not quite there. The J-95 offers effortless pinch harmonics whereas the Agile.....you gotta work at it. But the thick sounding neck p/u rocks!!! Not at all muddy, just really thick tone. Sounds great either distorted or clean. IMO the p/u's sound much better than the Duncan designed put into modern Jacksons, but are a notch or two below true Duncans (like the Invader, Distortion and Jazz). But, again, for the money...... I LIKE IT!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X