Just picked one up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Just picked one up

Some of the guys on Harmony Central bought different Agiles, and the general consensus is thumbs up and a great value. Another cheapo good deal, believe it or not, are the OLPs. I've played three of the axis copies, and each one was really nice for the money.

I nearly fell under the sway of Rondo Music when GAS for a P90 guitar was about to kill me. However, I was careful, and ended up trading for a Gibson USA Les Paul Jr DC faded. I'll have about $475 in the Gibson, but I'll pay another few hundred bucks just to keep the value in the guitar. I shudder to think what resale is on the Agiles.

If you like the guitar, that's all that really matters. I'm so finicky at times that it's better for me to only buy used or amazing deals new - I HATE losing money when I trade or sell gear.

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by Twisteramps:
      I'm so finicky at times that it's better for me to only buy used or amazing deals new - I HATE losing money when I trade or sell gear.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You sir, have described me EXACTLY. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I think if you buy it considering it a disposable substitute for the real thing,
        you should be very happy. The naysayers say that the Non-Japanese Asian guitars
        are okay at first, but fall apart later.
        Only time will tell if that's true with these Agiles. I have a Taiwan JDR-Pro Reverse that's held up well since I got it from MF in 1996, and several Yamaha RGX and RGZ Taiwan models from the late 80s - early 90s that have held up well.
        My 2 neck-thru RGXs are very much Soloistlike in construction and performance, though Fusionlike in their 24.7" scales. Of course Taiwan is much better than mainland China or Korea, I think, at building guitars, IMO.
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

agile guitars are getting some rave reviews over at thegearpage.net (old prs forum).
          some guys swear that it is as good as some gibsons with a pickup change.
          the tops are pretty thick also, so it's not a cheap thin veneer.
          looks like a good bargain to me. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

i think those Agile are incredible value guitars! if i had the money i'd buy the AL 3000 ( i am an ebony fretboard fiend) and the acoustic 12 string guitar and one of those alder bodied maple top 6 string basses , those are gorgoues, if i get my hands on those i'd get them duncans or gibson pickups and i'm sure i will end up with an axe that has nothing to envy a Gibson

Comment

Just a few more days and I'll be able to report on the AL3000 Prestige!!!
              I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Man, I so want to buy their white explorer, stick in a cream dimarzio in the bridge and a zebra 59 in the neck, both in black rings (cream on white [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img] ), replace the tuners, the knobs, the nut if need be, maybe replace the bridge with a tonepros, and kick ass.

Comment

rock

Comment

wow i really want one, and may consider it.

for the price it seems like a great deal. gawdd...

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry From Ghana:
                      Man, I so want to buy their white explorer, stick in a cream dimarzio in the bridge and a zebra 59 in the neck, both in black rings (cream on white [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img] ), replace the tuners, the knobs, the nut if need be, maybe replace the bridge with a tonepros, and kick ass.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Me too ! - that and a few others on that page. I was considering using about a grand of my refund on one guitar, but looks like I could get 3 styles of relatively decent quality that I don't have already instead !

Comment

I've had my Agile for almost a year and I love that guitar. I didn't find the neck to be all that thick. My Gibson SG has a thicker neck. I'm definitely contemplating a Prestige but since I just put a deposit on the White Custom Import the prestige will have to wait.
                        Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
                          bombtek, full report when you get 'em. I kinda like the V & Explorer ones.
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ron...

I went up there about a week ago to try the Ghost model (Explorer)....I was impressed...well made for the price. Playability was on...action was nice. The stock pu's didn't sound too bad, but if I had bought one...I'd still swap them out.
                          For the price...I'd buy one as a cool player, but I'd never leave the house with it....LOL! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

A six string fretless bass for under 300.00?

Six-string fretless

Damn!

- E.
                            Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

where did they cut corners on these guitars, they seem pretty good, better pickups could make then really decent guitars right?

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelMadeja:
                                where did they cut corners on these guitars, they seem pretty good, better pickups could make then really decent guitars right?
                                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">They just appear to be well-built Korean guitars.
                                The hardware and electronics are as cheezy as any other low-budget import....but the quality is in the wood and finish work itself. And yes...If I bought one (which I still might)...I'd drop a set of Duncans in it.

Comment

Working...
                                X