Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: $85 ebay guitar.

Originally posted by MSGfan:
    Nice guitar Zeegler! and you can't beat the price!
    I just scored a Jap made Vantage flying Vee copy for $125.! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    I thought the head stock looked fimiliar, kind of a thinner Les Paul shape, and talking to a friend of mine that owns a music store about the Vee, he told me that Vantage guitars were made by Aria.
    This guitar has the same shaped headstock as your guitar with a Gibson style Vee body. Very Cool!!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Sounds nice, can we see some pics?

Is it a bolt-on or set neck?

FYI, Aria Pro, Vantage, Westone, Electra, Westbury and several other brands were all built at the Matsumoku factory in Japan. Of course this only applies for guitars built from the 70s to the early 80s. I'm not sure what happened to most of the brands, but Aria Pro started selling cheap, crappy guitars, with cheap, crappy hardware that were made in Korea sometime in the mid-eighties.

That's where they got their awful reputation. That's a good thing fo me, because Matsumoku era guitars can be had pretty cheap, because most people don't know how good they are.
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Working...
    X