Epiphone Elite Les Paul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epiphone Elite Les Paul

I've been looking for another Les Paul since I sold my ebony Studio a few years ago. I'm not really interested in used guitars and wanted something new. I had about $1500 to play with so I could choose from Standards, Studios, and Classics. Well after about a month of playing a TON of different Gibsons, I ran across one of the new Japan made "Elite" Epiphone Les Pauls... I couldn't believe it! These guitars ARE the real deal. They look, play, and sound as good as any Gibson I've checked out, and I only paid $700 out the door with case. If you're in the market for a Les Paul, check one of these out... you'll be surprised. Everything on the guitar is top notch. The pickups are sweet... crunchy, bright, and clear, no squeal, even at ear bleeding Recto death volumes. I've used it with my band and they cut well too. Nice controls, including the toggle... and I love to do those Randy Rhoads/Ace Frehley tricks with it. Finish (faded cherry sunburst) is perfect, as is the fret work. Yes I like the Gibson headstock better, but if you're gonna dismiss a guitar because of it's headstock you're gonna miss out on alot of good stuff... I got over it in about, mmm, two seconds after I got it home and plugged it in. Check them out!

Oh yeah... I'd post a pic but I'm in Colorado on business.

Re: Epiphone Elite Les Paul

I've been eyeing them too.They do look as or better than the gibsons.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

This thread just confirms everything I've heard about Epiphone Elites. They recieve constant praise from fans and reviewers alike. I'm seriously thinking about the '61 SG Standard. Just goes to show you that MIJ guitars are underestimated and non-Gibson SGs and LPs have an unfair stigma attatched to them.

Congrats on your new axe! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

I didn`t know the Elites were made in Japan, I thought they were made in Korea, wow that is great news as I didn`t like the Korean made EPI at all, but the Elites may be worth a look [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

Yup. Definitely MIJ. Everyone seems to love them. I'd like to get one myself. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Majority of the Elite (Elitist) LP's I've tried have been great. The played and sound excellent.
            I also, much prefer the feel of the thin poly finish over a Nitro finish. Nitro is just to sticky feeling for me.

And yes they are made in Japan. Fuji Gen Gakki factory. They made Orville/Orville by Gibson, Epi Japan, Greco, Burny/Fernandes, Aria, Ibanez, Yamaha, and Fender Japan guitars as well.

Other Japan LP's to check out:
            Tokai
            Diodati
            Edwards/ESP

Kent
            4 SONG EP NOW AVAILABLE!!
            http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/HEDDA

www.heddatheband.com

www.myspace.com/heddatheband

Comment

I heard this from a GOLD level gibson dealer.He was working on an elite LP for a customer and when he pulled the pickups they were the same as what is used in the EPI's as was the hardware.He was not happy to say the least.So how do you justify the high price tag for the elite?Makes me wonder. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

If he's claiming the pickups that are in Epi Elites are the same as in Epi Standards and Epi Studios, he's just flat out wrong. The pickups in the Elite models are American made and to a higher standard of quality. Most Epis have kind of chintzy pickups... I mean, listen to the Elites, they sound better.

Comment

The reason I mentioned it is he found it odd as well.He thought the elites were supposed to have USA pickups and hardware this one did not.This dealer is at the top of the gibson food chain and knows gibbys inside and out and I don't think he would lie to me about it.

Comment

Well, Elites do come with USA pickups. I don't know what to make of that situation, unless the customer whos guitar he was working on swapped them out. That is a bit odd. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

The Elitist models are in a totally different league than the standard Epiphone 'Pauls. I wouldn't even think of buying one of the standard models... They're not too good. Believe me I was very hesitant at first, but the guitar is so good I had to get it. It seems very "alive" when you play it.

Comment

Originally posted by khabibissell:
                        The Elitist models are in a totally different league than the standard Epiphone 'Pauls. I wouldn't even think of buying one of the standard models... They're not too good. Believe me I was very hesitant at first, but the guitar is so good I had to get it. It seems very "alive" when you play it.
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Sugar sweetness. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] I gotta get my hands on one.

Comment

Working...
                        X