Good, cheap classical?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good, cheap classical?

Hey I am trying to help my friend find a good, cheap classical guitar that is decent, but I really don't know a whole lot about what's out there now...my classical is probably about 50 years old. Any recommendations?

Re: Good, cheap classical?

I like the Yamaha FG412. Pawn shops everywhere have these for less than $200. You can't go wrong with them for a playable acoustic. They aren't incredible though. Does he need a pickup? Does he want wood, or is the Ovation style plastic roundback ok?
    When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

No pickup, just a standard issue classical guitar to get back into lessons...thanks for the info!

Comment

La Patrie Etude, base model. Without a doubt the best value out there. Solid tonewoods, made in Canade by the same people that make Godin and Seagull. You can pick them up new for $250 or less. I recommend them to all of my classical students. I haven't played anything better without hitting the $1500 mark, and I've play a LOT of classicals. http://www.lasido.com/lapatriee.htm

Comment

If you can find one, you might take a look at a Raimundo (sp?). I played some in a local shop and they sounded better than average and seemed to be good quality for the price.

Comment

i have an art & lutherie ami. it's parlor sized (smaller), and sounds incredible. i chose it aver it's sister guitar a la patrie (both made by godin). it only cost about $175 with a case. it plays and sounds great. i LOVE the thing!!!

Comment

I'd recommend the LaPatrie line as well. Great value.

Comment

My friend found a Di Georgio classical for sale for around $200 I think...are these any good?

Comment

Working...
                X