Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BC Rich Experts - Opinions???

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...EBWA%3AIT&rd=1

I've always liked these, but have no idea what they go for. What do you think this will get bid to? I'm thinking about snagging it.

Somebody sell me a cool Jackson quick before I make a big mistake.

Brett

Re: BC Rich Experts - Opinions???

Check my post in the classifieds !

Comment

If i'm correct, that guitar was sold by a Moser forum member, for 770$ ( he needed the money) they mentioned it'd might be sold again for 1200$

Comment

naw sorry, not the same guitar, his was an 1982 , this one is 84

Comment

You should go to the Moser Custom Shop forum and ask Neal Moser himself:

www.nealmoser.com
          www.mosercustomshop.com

Neal should be able to tell if it's the real deal or not. If it's the real deal, he probably had a hand in building it or at least did the bone and fret work.

http://www.acidpit.org/mcs/viewtopic.php?t=1077

Comment

something looks a little funny to me. I just sold a KOA 10string bich last month. they range from 1700-2500 for 10strings depending on woods & options. the neck on these things are WIDE, mine was just over a 1 3/4" at the nut. I would request a serial# in full. get whatever info you can from the seller. pics of the electronics, the serial#, backs of the tuners. if you want email me when you get the info & hopefully i can give you some more help. HONESTLY unless that guitar can be verfied by BCRich or Neal Moser I wouldnt bid.

Comment

I Asked Neal about this guitar:

http://www.bcrich.com/bcrbb/viewtopic.php?p=16709#16709

Yup, it is legit, but it is a standard and not a supreme.

Rich

Comment

Rich i tried to get into the BCRICH forum but couldnt watever. if you can ask about the CHROME quad bridge. & thats was good to know about the mix of stuff in 80&81. ill take a badass bridge over the quad any day.
                Neal also verified my seagul....all original, early features. recessed plates & hook horn....glad i got it when i did.

Comment

For anyone else having problems seeing the post,
                  this is direct quote from Neal Moser:

"YUP, it's legit. It just isn't a Supreme as stated. All Bich guitars "after the first 40" had cloud inlays. Cloud inlays do not mean supreme.

Between 74 and 85 supreme was designated by Ebony finger board, binding and clouds. Sometimes the headstock was bound as well.

The Bich in question is a "Standard". Rosewood finger board, clouds and no binding. It appears to be an 80 built when we were still using the 70s knobs. If you find a Bich that has Rosewood finger board, diamonds and no binding, that is one of the first 40.
                  There were a couple of years (80/81) when we had some of the old knobs and the new knobs, Badass bridges and Quad bridges and we were using up the parts we had before we switched over to the new components. So you will find guitars with 70s knobs and Quad bridges and some with 80s Top Hat knobs with Badass bridges. This happened until we used up all the Badass bridges and 70s knobs. After that the guitars went out with Quad bridges and Top Hat knobs. During this period we also converted over to brass bezels and brass truss rod covers"

Comment

What should I ask about the chrome bridge? (Should it be brass?)

rich

Comment

yep i had always thought it should be brass. most of the chrome quads were on early imports Ricos & NJs. ive even had ones with all chrome hardware but a gold brass quad bridge.

Comment

Im also suprised its not brass. Maybe the guy had it plated by axeparts ?

Comment

omfg is that gorgeous [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] ...d.m.
                          http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Working...
                          X