Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GMP? customs?

Hey guys

I was looking through some old pictures I have and found a nice GMP V with black large flake paint and green/blue flames on it.

I want a 7 string with chrome hardware with a floyd just like it, do you think GMP would be a good choice to have it done? since they seem to be a really good manufactuer, anyone have and GMP guitars here?

I'm emailing them right now.

Chris

[ March 06, 2004, 02:49 PM: Message edited by: SpiralArchitect ]

Re: GMP? customs?

Originally posted by SpiralArchitect:
    Hey guys

I was looking through some old pictures I have and found a nice GMP V with black large flake paint and green/blue flames on it.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well, let's see the pic! Duhhhhhh [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

It's really a shame that GMP use the same headstock for Vs. I think it goes well on guitars like the Pawnshop, but on Vs and Explorers it looks stupid.
      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

yup i agree with ya zeegler, it doesnt look right on xplorers or V, just like those old hamers with the 3 on a side headstocks. does GMP offer other headstock? check out neal mosers custom shop as well, he makes some killer stuff.

Comment

Do'H well I would show ya the picture, but It's not on the web, it's on my computer and I don't have anywhere to upload files!

I'd actually like a Dean V head but I wonder how that would work out for 7 strings?

Chris

Comment

Why dont you call GMW.They will do it for you.Lee is building a guitar for me right now,they are great builders and very helpful at getting what you want done the right way.www.gmwguitars.com

Comment

if you're gonna get a gmp, talk to kevin easton about it; he sells them now.

sully
              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
              Sully Guitars on Facebook
              Sully Guitars on Google+
              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Well here is the thing

I bought a carvin neckthrough blank for a 7 string and I got it with some good options, no inlays, ebony board, floyd nut, blank paddle headstock, so I was actually planning on building the thing myself, but then I saw GMP does some killer paint work and thought maybe I'll get them to do it, but I think it would be a big hassle trying to get what I want from them, so I'll just build it myself with my neck blank!

Thanks for all the ideas though guys!

Chris

Comment

Working...
                X