Gunslinger? Pawn shop beater...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gunslinger? Pawn shop beater...

Maple/Maple neck, USA decal on front, 'PROTO' stamped on back of headstock. Hollywood plate, blue metallic (lots o chips/dings).Ibeenhad trem (routed for recessed floyd). Single slanted hum (mystery p/u).

The fb sat fairly high above the body- is that normal?

Comments on value/authenticity?

Thanks, blokes!
    750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
    Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Re: Gunslinger? Pawn shop beater...

how much was it going for? ive found usa ST-III or gunbslingers before for under 175.....see hwo it plays offer them 150 fo rit if its a descent player.....those maple/maple bc rich necks are pretty good i think....
    www.myspace.com/adawnwithin

Comment

I've read that the best way to tell an original gunslinger is if it has the Ibanez trem. Could be BS, but hope that helps.

I'de go for it.

Comment

sounds good to me, tophat knob & grover tuners? a serial# would help also it should say LA, California, not hollywood on the plate. "proto" stamped in all caps looks like each letter was stamped one by one? if so probably legit but cant say for sure

Comment

The original trems were Gotoh with B.C.Rich on the base plate and were a shallow recess,or OFR.
          I don't know why people call them ibanez trems.Grab that guitar man even if you have to refin it they are killer guitars.If the pickup is covered it is a schaller humbucker and beleive me they ROCK!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

You'll find the Ibanez trems on the ST-3, but not the Gunslinger for the most part. Especially the older ones. I had a couple that had Kahler Floyd-style trems, but the others were Gotoh with "BC Rich" stamped on them. I've NEVER had a Gunslinger with "tophat" knobs. They came with something more like dome knobs.

However, EVERY ST-3 I've ever had have had the Ibanez Edge trem.

Comment

Nor, if you dont plan on buying this one, can you pm me some info on it. Price ocation and stuff. I have wanted a gunslinger since they first came out.

Of course if you are going to get it disregard this post. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Thats odd I've had 4 ST-3s all had the gotoh style trem.Lets see a pic of trem you speak of.I have an 89' RG 550 with the floyd style edge.They don't look the same to me.I'm not ragging you or saying your wrong just curious. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

the trem has less to do with what guitar but what era. the very early ones had Kahler pros, & some had finished necks i dont even know if they were considered ST-3s then or just ST. then ibanez edge or rare OFR, then the lic trems. i never had a bcrich with a serial higher than b6000's, all had ibanez trems. they all had grovers, dimarzios & 3 of them did not say made in usa on the headstock. ive never owned a slinger because ive yet to find one that was as straight hum & not classaxe.

[ March 08, 2004, 08:46 PM: Message edited by: j2379 ]

Comment

I bought it...
                    It had a Mighty Mite pickup in it
                    Ibanez Bridge & Nut... appear to be original since the Ibanez nut is thicker than most standard Floyd nuts
                    Killer QUARTERSAWN MAPLE neck with shape similar to my GMP's
                    I threw a double cream Duncan in and changed the volume knob just for fun...
                    Here ya go...

Comment

cool score.

Comment

Yes, nice axe. Greg Crowe would be interested in that serial for his compilation on BC serials.

Comment

VERY COOL looks alot nicer than what i expected from nor's post. if you have BCRich verify the # please post what Tim tells you, im curious as to what kind of records if any they have for that thing if any.

Comment

The lower horn cut out is deeper/different than my slinger.
                            Cool axe.

Comment

Cool! Nice to see it went to a bro. I had a shit-ton of work pop out of the blue and haven't been able to get back.

How long did you wait before going back? lol...
                              [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

[ March 11, 2004, 10:45 PM: Message edited by: nor ]
                              750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
                              Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

Working...
                              X