Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's up with the missing MusicYo Kramers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's up with the missing MusicYo Kramers?

Check this out

http://www.musicyo.com/brandpos.asp?...retta%20Series

There are only 8 models there - used to be 11 or 12. Of course the FR404S/N (? - regular headstock w/ Lic. Floyd) is missing - the one I wanted! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

I emailed MusicYo last week; no response
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Re: What\'s up with the missing MusicYo Kramers?

I missed that one, what's the difference between the FR404SN and the FX404SM? Floyd?
    Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack The Riffer:
      I missed that one, what's the difference between the FR404SN and the FX404SM? Floyd?
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">FX404SM = string thru, maple fretboard, reg H/S
      FR404SN = Floyd, rosewood fretboard, reg H/S

(I think)

Comment

I haven't seen any reviews on those Kramers but the way they are advertised they seem like a decent deal, with the neck-thru design and what-not.

Comment

Well there are all kinds of reviews at Harmony Central and here. [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, I found 'em.

Comment

Hey Racer, I heard through the grapevine at the Kramer Forum (one of the guys there is the webmaster of vintagekramer.com, which is tied in with MusicYo someway or another..) that they are eventually going to go to a retail sales approach and do away with the online sales of the Kramer line on MusicYo.. So, they may be phasing that out in preparation of starting the publicly retailed line....

I'll see if I can find the thread over there and post a link to it here.... There was more info there, I believe than what I remember right now..

Comment

Cool, thanks, Stephan!

Comment

Are the Custom graphics stickers or actual paint ?? (1984 model)

Comment

The music yo Kramers aren't bad
                    I bought a 404? It had 1 hum, floyd, reverse H/S
                    and at the time(2000?) I paid $159-12.95s/h
                    and it was well worth it BUT the one think I didn't like was the pick up sound(quad rails?). But thats easy to fix (new pickup)

The action was cool and the overall feel was cool
                    Man I kinda wish I still had it now

Now I could go for one of the neckthru pros

Erik

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
                      Cool, thanks, Stephan!
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No problem, from what I read and understand.. it was one of the admins (not the guy I originally thought) that posted about that, and he was saying that Epiphone is supposed to take over full production of the Kramer line, and when that happens.. it'll probably go retail at that point.. The guy that has the Yo/VintageKramer affiliation is in that thread and didn't say anything to contradict that statement, so it's possible it could be right.. or he's just not saying anything at this point.. I guess time will tell.. But they are coming out with some kick ass guitars like the Jersey Star and the a new Nightswan re-issue later this year, I think.. If those re-issue Swans are anything like the old ones..I'm in line for that bad boy.. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Now there are only 7 Barettas! [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

I just picked one up. THe reverse head, rosewood fretboard deal.

I love the feel of the neck, and the look of the guitar (pictures anyone? I have a few I could post)

But the fretwork outta the box is no darn good. I took it to the tech ASAP. Even now, its playing pretty good, not as good as my Wolfgang, but if I was so inclined, Id have it refretted with St. Steel frets one day and have a great budget axe that plays good.

Really nice neck profile on these, almost a Cross between an Ibanez Wizard and a JAckson SL2H. Not overly thin, but wide and flat!!!!!!

Pups arent too great, but NOT that bad to be quite honest.

Here is a sample of a recording I did with them on my PODxt.

http://www.chrisflook.com/Jeffstuff/newsample.mp3

Comment

Sounds pretty kickass to me! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

What was your gear list on that recording?

Go ahead and email me some pics

d208

at

Comment

knac

Comment

Working...
                              X