Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Say goodbye to the PRS Singlecut

http://news.harmony-central.com/News...-PRS-Case.html

Looks like Gibson just b!tch slapped PRS... Can't wait for the "Pre-lawsuit" Ebay descriptions.
    My real concern is that now that Fender owns Jackson, whats stopping big G from going after the Kelly, KV, etc? Or is Jackson too small time for Gibson to bother?

Re: Say goodbye to the PRS Singlecut

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubb/noncgi/...;f=17;t=003291

Comment

How about READING the JCF before posting multiple threads, guys? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Testament77:
        http://news.harmony-central.com/News...-PRS-Case.html

Looks like Gibson just b!tch slapped PRS... Can't wait for the "Pre-lawsuit" Ebay descriptions.
        My real concern is that now that Fender owns Jackson, whats stopping big G from going after the Kelly, KV, etc? Or is Jackson too small time for Gibson to bother?
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">More like Fender's too big to mess with; bigger than Gibson with more money. They mess with FMIC, FMIC might buy 'em out.
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Kelly's and King V's are way too far removed to be considered trademark infringement. Granted, they are based in classic designs, but Jackson took the guitars in a completely different direction. I can't even find a single similarity in a Kelly vs, an Explorer, other than a vague offset hourglass shape. If a Kelly or a King V is trademark infringement (it's not) then Gibson should have sued PRS when they released their first guitar, which is not too loosely based on a Les Paul (set neck, 2 hums, arched top etc.) I give PRS credit for taking a classic LP design, and improving (debatable) upon it, to come up with their original product. I think a good analogy would be a Stratocaster vs. a Soloist.

Comment

Man that is frickin bogus. Thats even more lame than EVH sueing everyone over using his STRIPED paint scheme.

Comment

Hopefully this will make PRS up the anty and creat somthing even more ingenious. Ill have my fingers crossed.

Comment

This could be a good thing. I'd like to see PRS come up with something original. They certainly have sufficient name recognition to pull it off.

Comment

I never understood the Tremonti model other than artist endorsement.. it looks like a friggin modded Paul. I suppose since Dillion and the like were getting away with it. I actually support Gibson for doing it, I just hope it doesn't get carried away.

Comment

Eric I am confused... Your saying you hope they come up with something even more ingenious than a crappy les paul copy? That doesn't set the bar very high. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Hopefully this will make PRS up the anty and create somthing even more ingenious
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

Comment

PRS ahs been sued by Gibson before they have had it coming too...... They have been suing small name luthiers over Their design. Really
                      I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                      So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Working...
                      X