fernandes guitars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fernandes guitars?

i saw an older model fernandes guitar called "the function" at a local store.

it was nos, and looked like charvel model guitars.
    it had a wierd floyd rose wanna be bridge, neck thru construction, came without pickguard, either a h/h or s/s/h setup and they were asking for $250 i think.

has anyone here heard of these?
    what are they made of and are they any good?

Re: fernandes guitars?

At 250 for a neck thru, as long as the neck is in good shape, you could buy it and upgrade any other deficiencies it may have. I have never played a newer fernandes guitar, but a friend used to have a fernandes strat copy and it was pretty nice. Bottom line, play it and see if you like the playability. If it sounds bad or has crappy hardware, get in the classifieds or on ebay and mod it. HAve fun!

Comment

Re: fernandes guitars?

GRAB THAT GUITAR!!
      The fernandes function Strat heads are very hard to find.They are referred to as the lawsuit model by the collectors.I have one I love it!!! Mine is black with a black bolt on neck 2 hums dual rail type similar to the XN2.The pickup cavities as well as electronics cavity routes are all coated in shielding paint.Mine has on OFR with no fine tuners original to the guitar.Body is alder neck is maple with a dark rosewood finger board.
      I called fernandes and they were very helpful.They figured mine to be early 80s due to the old style floyd and most likely an endorsee guitar because of the OFR and strat headstock.
      They didn't use serial #s at that time.Mine has a nitro cellulose paint which has cracked nicely over time.I'll be honest this guitar is every bit as good as an early 80s charvel or jackson and is just as tough.
      I had a booth set up at the Cincy Ohio guitar show on the 14th and some collectors were very interested in my fernandes I had offers at 500.00 + but could not bring myself to part with it.
      Buy it youll be glad you did. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
      X