Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bc RIch Experts called upon yet again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bc RIch Experts called upon yet again...

Hey.. you guys know what Dimarzio's come stock in a BC Rich Bich with full active electronics?

The Bc Rich Board is useless and none of the dealers can answer my question.

Thanks,

Rich

Re: Bc RIch Experts called upon yet again...

Most of the time, a Super Distortion in the bridge and a PAF Pro in the neck are standard.

Comment

it depends on what era. some had 2 dual sounds(4 conductor super distortions), some had a dual sound (neck) & a paf pro(bridge). my 82 has a PAF PRO (neck) X2N (bridge), & yes its STOCK. Im also not sure but ive heard that some even had the super II & super III's, which are look exactly like a dual sounds but have more output. Ive also seen ones that were STOCK & had Bill Lawrence & duncan pickups.

if your tring to find out if a Rich Bich is stock look at the pickup leads. BCRich's Dimarzios had different pickup leads than standard Dimarzios, they were double the thickness & Grey. but i think they only did that till around 85'.

Comment

Thanks! I've actually seen the X2N stock in some bitches as well. I just ordered a custom V from GMW and it's gonna have the super 2 & 3 in it.

I never realized how many subtle variations of the super distortion there are!

rich

Comment

Originally posted by deviltronix:
          bitches
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by j2379:
            some had 2 dual sounds(4 conductor super distortions
            super II & super III's, which are look exactly like a dual sounds but have more output.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The old SD was 2-conductor, but the newer SDs do indeed have 4-conductor wiring. The Dual Sound just had a mini switch included for single coil/parallel/series switching which, of course, the normal SD doesn't. And the SII and SIII have the same amount of output as the SD and DS... it's just the SDIII is eq'd with more lows/low mids, the SII is eq'd with more treble. The SD/DS has a sound somewhere in between, but output is all the same.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by deviltronix:
              I just ordered a custom V from GMW and it's gonna have the super 2 & 3 in it.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You are going to use the S3 in the bridge and the S2 in the neck, right? The S2 is an awesome neck pup in my Warrior with an X2N in the bridge. If you use an S3 for the neck, it may be too dark.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

what Toe said they do look the same tho? any way tell them apart,the older ones?

Comment

Toejam,
                  Yes, the S3 in the bridge .. I'm super excited about how the guitar will sound.

Racer,
                  Correcting hideous grammar is one thing. Waiting around for someone to make mistakes is pretty obnoxious man. I usually get a kick out of your posts and I like you, so please give people a break from time to time.

Rich

Comment

Working...
                  X