EB/MM Petrucci

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EB/MM Petrucci

I played one of these Saturday at Guitar Center (the day after seeing Dream Theater). It seemed to have a great growl to it. It felt like a really good riffing guitar, but I had some trouble feeling comfortable soloing with it. It could have just used a better set-up (I prefer slightly higher action) but I was wondering: What have you guys thought of these? Those that have played/owned one, are they worth the green?

Re: EB/MM Petrucci

I've only played one of them briefly, and I thought the neck was fantastic. I'd be curious to try one of the 7-string Petruccis, but you NEVER see those...

Comment

I also tried one of these out at guitar center... I thought it was fantastic. Great tone straight through the tube amp (marshall) that I was using. Also, I have small hands, so the neck is perfect for me. I don't know how "big hand" guys will feel about it. I have pretty much decided that this will be my next guitar (with piezo [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] ), so I will post a review when I get mine.

Cheers,

-Mike

Comment

I played another one in St. Louis this weekend when I found a Guitar Center while waiting for my wife to finish her job interview. I have to say, I liked it very, very much. I was much more comfortable with the leads (although it did need set up with 11's for my taste). The neck on it was quite comfortable (I also have small hands). I, too, have decided that this will be my next guitar. Of course, I have to wait until my birthday in July. I think I would get the 6 string without the piezo (I love that red-bust). I just wouldn't use the piezo all that much to justify the extra money. And, without being able to play a 7 string before buying it, I don't think I could plunk down that kind of money for a guitar untested. I talked to a couple of stores and they won't stock the 7 string, they will only special order it. That sucks. Oh well, at least I've got my RG1527 for the extra lows.

Comment

PF -

Actually, the Fairfax GC had a seven for about three hours. It was damn nice - the guy who ordered it came in and picked it up, but not before I talked the guy unpacking it into letting me play it. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I like the six-string, too, although I like the Axis a bit better.

Mike
          Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

Travis,

If you are going to buy one new, definitely get one from Indoor Storm: http://www.indoorstorm.com/

They are highly recommended at the John Petrucci Forum and they had the lowest price quotes by far. I plan to order from them soon, so I will let you know how everything went when I receive the guitar. Just tell them I sent you [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] .

-Mike

Comment

Thanks man, I will be directing my wife there for my next birthday. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

No problemo... I will send you a pm with the details of what I found pricewise. From what I have read there is a 2-3 month wait time to get these guitars made, so you might want to factor that in if you are going to order one for July.

-Mike

Comment

Working...
                X