If Charvel and Kramer had a child....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Charvel and Kramer had a child....

Would it look like this??? Check this out, a fellow Kramer Forum member did a little photoshopping with the new Charvel 25th, to make the ultimate Kramer Pacer.. I love it, beside the fact that I would love to see it in the Banana headstock version.. and lose the D-tuna.. Check it out..

Charvel 25th/Kramer Pacer bastard child....

Re: If Charvel and Kramer had a child....

Too many pickups!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Dislike! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Aw, come on guys... Free your mind and your ass will follow..

Embrace the differences.. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Put a pointy headstock on it and a gold logo, and you guys would be all GA-GA over it.. [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

You know this.. [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Stephan:

Put a pointy headstock on it and a gold logo, and you guys would be all GA-GA over it.. [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

You know this.. [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You wouldn't even have to do all that. If you kept it the same and changed the sticker to charvel, they would fight over it. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

not i!

i've always hated kramers... i've never liked the banana head (even tho that has nothin to do with the pic here), the necks of the ones i've played over the years, their body styles, i could go on. nothin makes me run from a guitar faster than a kramer logo on it. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

sully

...although if kramer and charvel had a baby guitar together, you could call it a charmer. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
            Sully Guitars on Facebook
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

"Back In The Day" (here he goes again...) in the late eighties, there were two distinct camps: The Charvel players and the Kramer players. You didn't own both, it was one or the other.
              I was a Charvel guy and like Sully don't dig Kramers. I can't. They may be fine guitars, but...the feel of the necks, the small frets, the cut of the body, the control locations...no thanks!

Comment

i think that chuck's right about that it was a very brand loyal time, and you had your kramer guys, charvel guys, etc... to go even further, i didn't fall into any of the categories, as my main guitar was one that was built for me. so i wasn't really into things that weren't custom made... which was pretty retarded.

i dunno, i'm very visual, and driven by looks of things... visually, kramers just didn't do it for me, and playing a few of them confirmed it.

sully
                Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                Sully Guitars on Facebook
                Sully Guitars on Google+
                Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I remember my best friend wanted a Kramer and I wanted a Charvel. We even had arguments about which looked better. The Pointy Charvel headstock or that god awful banana kramer headstock. Hey we were young.
                  For me no matter how a guitar plays, the look of the headstock can make it or break it. I've never been a fan of the strat type, although they are growing on me. I hate the old Fender style thats making a come back. And I can't stand the telecaster, I hate everthing about them the body is ugly, and the headstocks on the fender versions look like a dildo!
                  I like the headstocks on BC Rich but I dont like the guitars themselves.
                  Oh well to each his own...

Comment

Well, I sort of agree with what Chuck said. I started on Kramers and ended up on Charvies. So far, neither of the 'twane shall meet. ...In my own collection, at least. [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] I still dig them both, but I always seem to be too busy spending my $ on J/Cs to add any Kramers.

I think, back in the day, it was also a $ thing. At least around my area, it was. The good ("USA") Kramers were more reasonably priced. IIRC, usually going for around $600 to $1k max, depending on model, etc. It was fairly rare if you could get yourself into a USA Charvel for much under a grand at the time. (...Not speaking to imports, mind you.) So I think, like myself, a lot of then-Kramer guys aspired to Charvels, but just couldn't swing the dough at the time.

As to that photoshop, I really dig it. Put a real Charvel strathead back on her, delete a couple of knobs, and I'd be all over it in a heartbeat. Or leave the Kramer "classic" headstock and give it a very reasonable price, and I might go for that, too.

...Then again, nah. I'd probably just blow it on another J/C, after all. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

charvel & kramer did have kids already, they are called ESPs.....kramer parts C/J designs...

& I was never a kramer fan. tho i do think the nightswan is pretty cool, short scale Mah. body 24 fret.

Comment

Interesting topic. Let me chime in as the former owner of 40+ Kramers...

As guitars, they have several features that beat out Jacksons of that period (real Floyds, Seymours stock, etc.). But, the deception of the "American" series (which were made in Japan) ruined these things. IIRC, Eddie split over that mess.

I personally dumped all of mine when I realized that there is no traceability (this is the collector in me speaking - I think they play very well) with Kramer guitars. The production logs were lost in the bankruptcy sale and now anyone with a couple of parts and a neck plate can make whatever he wants. That sucks, and that's the reason why Kramers will never command the value of Charvels or Jacksons of that period IMO. The whole guitars seem to sell on ebay for less than the price of the parts!

Brett

Comment

I was so poor back then (cue violins) that I used to drool [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] over Charvettes!

I would have killed for either a Charvel or Kramer.

Comment

Very cool. I would buy it!
                            www.kiddhavok.com
                            www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

It's pretty cool, except I'm not that crazy about the headstock. Though, I did own a white Kramer in the '80s that had a non fine-tuning Floyd and that headstock. Kinda still wish I'd held onto it. I was a Kramer guy and loved EVH and Lynch, plus Mike Romeo had a few Kramers I used to play on. I still have my old Kramer 600ST from '86 or '87 (plywood body) but it had a great neck, swapped out the single-locking Floyd II for a real Floyd and put in a DiMarzio X2N and it smoked!!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X