No announcement yet.

If Charvel and Kramer had a child....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: If Charvel and Kramer had a child....

Looks cool but I like the 25th anniversary just as it is. Kammo1 [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey there fellows. It's been a long time since I've posted on here, giving most of my time to *gasp* the Kramer Forum.
      At this point, I have actually gone in the opposite direction--sold all my Charvels in favor of Kramers. I still have a pink Kahler-ized bolt-on Ontario Jackson with a maple board that I enjoy playing though.
      My honest opinion on them: they are cut from the same cloth! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      Personally I prefer the assymetrical shapes of 80s Kramer better, but it's just me. Also, Floyds, and Duncans always came stock, so that's a huge plus. As to playability: Kramers were great playing guitars--you just gotta know what to look for. (For example, some banana necks are not great players)
      At the end of the day, you choose one thing and you stick with it--I've always been more engaged by the fairy tale of Kramer becoming the biggest company in the world and filing for bankruptcy only five years later. Plus, they are good 'ole Joisey boys. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
      As to the real reason why a lot of folks on here don't like Kramers: I think it has to do with what musicians played them back in the day--Kramer endorsed more hair metal bands, whereas Charvel/Jackson endorsed more progressive and thrash type dudes. This is reflected in the audience of the KramerForum too--most of the guys are into Van Halen and 80s rock, with few into thrash and its children. (death metal, etc.)
      Just my 2 c.

George

Comment

heyyyy!!! i recognize that avatar! welcome back, kotter! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

i do think you make some good points about the endorsee issue, which makes it more odd for me, considering i was on the glam side of the metal fence... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] what made me anti kramer, other than the ones i actually played and didn't care for, was the headstocks, the odd strat body shape, and the logo. yes...i'm THAT shallow sometimes. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

anyway, good times, eh?
        sully
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
        X