Acquired One Of My DREAM Guitars! Paul Gilbert 90th Anniversary Model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acquired One Of My DREAM Guitars! Paul Gilbert 90th Anniversary Model

I first saw this guitar 2 months ago on a videotaped Paul Gilbert clinic I bought. He was playing this guitar and I fell in love with it. I never saw this model before and surfed the web looking for more info on it. As luck would have it, I was able to acquire it locally (of all places) within the past week. Specs are: Basswood body with bound Flame Maple Top, Maple neck with Bubinga stripe and bound reverse headstock with matching Flame Maple overlay, HSH pickup config, Ebony fingerboard (with "90th Anniversary Model" inlaid at the 24th fret). Body and headstock are also inlaid with Abalone. Only 300 made for the world and they came with a J-Custom case and a certificate of authenticity. Check out the pics:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Re: Acquired One Of My DREAM Guitars! Paul Gilbert 90th Anniversary Model

Also has Cosmos Black hardware and a fixed bridge along with a single knob for volume (no tone control).

I just sold my PGM30 (and my MIJ Charvel is pending sale) as I was headed for bankruptcy after this puchase [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

Nice guitar, bro! (I had to right click, show picture, on the red X's)
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

wow! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] that's one gorgeous guitar you've gotten!! How much do those go for? I love the body binding...amazing!! Think I'll have to try and get me one of those! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
        congrats on the purchase! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

- Rune.

Comment

Pics are not working for me [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

What I like about this is it has Ebony fingerboard and has nice abalon inlays.
            Also it has Tone zone in the bridge and neck positions.

I had one and it played GREAT.

[img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

is the 90th anniversary thing a paul gilbert joke?

Comment

i believe it refers to the 90th anniversary of Ibanez. Im pretty sure every other sig guitar from Ibanez had a 90th anniv thing as well!

Comment

my bud had one of these for 2 days before his place was broken into and it was stolen along with some other stuff. His had an abalone truss rod cover...I think because it was an ibanez exec's at one point. It was an awesome guitar.

Comment

I like the look of a maple fret board on the PG's. But that is one damn fine looking piece or penis extension!

Comment

Paul Gilbert looks good for being 90! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

thats sweet [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] i love my PGM but then again i did do a full scallop on it [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                        "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

WOW [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Although I never liked those "printed on" f holes. This guitar would be so incredibly awesome if it had no f holes and a floyd

Comment

Originally posted by gemini8026:
                            i believe it refers to the 90th anniversary of Ibanez. Im pretty sure every other sig guitar from Ibanez had a 90th anniv thing as well!
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It was Hoshino-Gakki's 90th. Here's the catalog scan for the 90thHAM guitars:
                            http://www.ibanezrules.com/catalogs/japan/90th/01.jpg

Comment

oohhh! I like the PG's and that one's choice! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X