Acquired One Of My DREAM Guitars! Paul Gilbert 90th Anniversary Model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Acquired One Of My DREAM Guitars! Paul Gilbert 90th Anniversary Model

Rune: for whatever reason PGM's have been going up in price. These were $1,850 ish with case when they came out in 1998 and dropped to the $1,350-$1,550 range (preowned) in like 2000 until fall 2003 or so. As of late though, all PGM models are in demand and people are paying $3,000 for a PGM10th models and $2,000 for 90ths. With the exception of the entry level PGM30 model (which I just sold for $585 to recoupe some money) ALL production PGM production models are going for about $800 minimum to about $1,300 on the high end. Luckily I got mine in the price range what the 90ths were going for pre '04. For any PGM interested parties. Shipping to the US are the new PGM301 which are about $800 new (plus case). Maple fingerboard, PAF Pro's/JEM single, fixed brige, white body/black f-holes, etc. I might pick one up so I wouldn't have to worry about taking my 90th out as it's basically a no frills version.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

wow those are solid prices! I've been thinking about a PGM 301 with the fixed bridge, so if I'm going Gilbert tribute then that's gonna be the one. I think I'll take my 2 G's to GMW instead! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] (even though the 90th is a very sweet guitar) thanks for the info.

Comment

[img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] I love that guitar, I have a 90th PGM and a 10th PGM. Did you get the signed certificate with yours? After having both I really like playing the 10th more, but they are both great!

If you haven't already there's a cool message board for fans of the PGM at www.pgmsite.com . Come on by. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

JE

Comment

That is a very nice guitar. Enjoy it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Eristic:
            </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by gemini8026:
            i believe it refers to the 90th anniversary of Ibanez. Im pretty sure every other sig guitar from Ibanez had a 90th anniv thing as well!
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It was Hoshino-Gakki's 90th. Here's the catalog scan for the 90thHAM guitars:
            http://www.ibanezrules.com/catalogs/japan/90th/01.jpg
            </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Wow, the Satriani, Vai and Petrucci models are all killer as well!! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] Why a JP model, though, since he's now with EB/MM?
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

That's old, JP used to be with Ibanez a while back.

JE

Comment

Ah, I see. I thought the 90th anniversary thing was this year. I just reread Robotech's post and he did say they came out in '98. My bad! I don't follow Ibanez too much, only ever had a 7-string RG7620.

Comment

awesome dude.. I really dig the tone of hollowbody guitars.

Comment

Originally posted by Lev:
                    awesome dude.. I really dig the tone of hollowbody guitars.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Which one is hollowbody? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

crap those are painted on [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I scrolled by the pic fast and thought they were hollowbody slits, stupid me.

Comment

LOL That's what I figured. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
                          Wow, the Satriani, Vai and Petrucci models are all killer as well!! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] Why a JP model, though, since he's now with EB/MM?
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The Satch and Petrucci are my faves. They're really hard to find, though (especially the Satriani). [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                          X