sambora endorsing kramer???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sambora endorsing kramer???

not that it matters alot, however musicyo.com has a reissue kramer star inlay 3 hum guitar. i know he broke away from fender to gibson vee's and gibson owns kramer so...? but live in dallas last year he was playin and endorsing anderson's.
    has anyone heard or seen anything about this from namm's they went to? [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
    Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
    Amp... Pioneer
    Effects... Boss ME-20

Re: sambora endorsing kramer???

What your seeing at MusicYo, is the "Jersey Star".. it's a re-issue of the Kramer that Sambora used to play back in the day when he was with Kramer... Supposedly, this guitar is exactely like the one that he personally owned, and somewhat different the the RS models that Kramer put out back in the late 80's..

He's not back with Kramer.. [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img]

Through MusicYo, Kramer (Gibson/Epiphone) is beginning to re-issue several of the more popular models from Kramer's past.. The 84 Baretta, the Jersey Star, and I hear that a Nightswan is in the works..

Comment

i knew i could count on a quick response... even a sambora question! gotta love this place. i thought that was strange, since live he was kicking ass with a anderson. now i know thanx! [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
      Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
      Amp... Pioneer
      Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

Yup, here's a link to the 'Jersey Star' on the MusicYo page. I think it looks great!
        Jersey Star
        I believe Sambora is actually being endorsed by Gibson now, which sort of explains the Jersey Star reissue, since Kramer is made by MusicYo/Epiphone..
        This said, apparently Richie didn't want his name on the guitar so they called it the Jersey Star instead.

George

Comment

Yeah, there's even a disclaimer on that page saying Sambora doesn't endorse Kramer now, that his name is only used as a reference.
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

That's still a pretty badass looking guitar.

Comment

Nightswan's coming back?!?!? I'll probably hafta have one. I played Vivian Cambell's at the Dallas Guitar show a few years back, they are sweet. I didn't know at that moment that it was his. It was at the Randall booth and he was signing posters. I didn't even see him or the line of people at first, all I saw was the lightning bolt nightswan. I walked over, picked it up, played it a little, set it down and when I turned around all these people were staring at me. I was 19 or 20 and had already owned some expensive guitars so I didn't think it was that big of a deal. Apparently they did. He was really cool though.
              I still keep practicing though.... Mostly because I hate my neighbors.-MakeAJazzNoiseHere

Comment

Solid maple-that is one bright heavy guitar.

Comment

Seems to me that Sambora is an edorsement whore.
                  Want a Kramer? Sure
                  Want a Fender? Sure
                  Want a Flying V? Sure
                  Want a Tom Anderson? Sure
                  Want a Soldano? Hughes & Kettner? Bogner? Marshall?
                  "I'll take em all - Sure!"

Comment

Good for him. Put me in his position and you could write the same thing about me.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckracer:
                      Good for him. Put me in his position and you could write the same thing about me.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">me too. good stuff for free/discount doesn't suck. richie stuck with each company for years before moving on, it's not like he's gear hopping. and really, how many times does a guitar player change his tastes as far as brands go?

sully
                      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                      Sully Guitars on Facebook
                      Sully Guitars on Google+
                      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I saw him last summer (Dragged by the girlfriend) and he was playing a sweet Tom Andersong with a SpeedLoader. The headstock was the same kinda outline, but without the tuners, they made it hollow in the middle.

Matt

Comment

My comment about Sambora taking whatever comes his way pretty much speaks for myself! In reality, Im so f*ckn' jealous.

Comment

wasn't trying for a "sambora rules" type thing, just thought it was interesting about the "jersey star" kramer. (he is a big influence to me though). [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
                            Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
                            Amp... Pioneer
                            Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

I like Sambora because he is a pretty well rounded guitarist who can probably sing better than Jon Bon Jovi.
                              Damn, I love this Interweb.

Comment

Working...
                              X