GMW Guitar Works

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GMW Guitar Works

Has anyone who's been waiting for their guitars to be finished taken delivery yet?

Re: GMW Guitar Works

I'll let you know by next week and then by late April. Two strats on order, not difficult to make.

Comment

I received mine two weeks ago. My order was placed in January. It is a Charvel Strathead replica.

Comment

btx, are you still waiting for the maggotbrain?

sully
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Yes.. I ordered mine in October and received it Last month.

Rich

Comment

Originally posted by jsullysix:
            btx, are you still waiting for the maggotbrain?

sully
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yup, still waiting. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Not complaining, though, due to what we've talked about via IM. I was just curious about the other guys' guitars.

The wait on mine might be due to ordering it with a matching mahogany rear cavity plate, although it shouldn't have taken THAT long to make.

I have a feeling that it's finished and when I call Lee about it, he'll probably say, "Yeeeeeaaaaaahhhh, I thought you knew...it's just sitting here in it's case, waitin' on ya..." [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I ordered mine last october 31 and just got a call last friday that it is done, and will be shipped out on monday.It seems that the waiting time is around 4 to 5 months.I dont really care if it took double that time,for the quailty that you get in the end it is well worth it.Paul

Comment

I sent parts to Lee back in mid Feb for two guitars so onsidering the "kick-off" date only 6 weeks ago, that's not bad if one is arriving next. The other is late April only b/c I couldn't make my mind up on the finish I wanted for the guitar.

Comment

18 months and counting on mine. Total custom made parts which does take longer, the holdup now is with the graphic. Had I wanted it black I'd surely have it now, but it wouldn't look half as cool without Dans magic touch on it, another reason I tried a GMW. Dan, if you're reading this, put down the other stuff and paint my guitar!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Vic, that's gotta be killing ya! But it will be so very cool when it does finally arrive. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Have faith guys. I sent my Soloist there a long time ago and I heard its done recently. Perfection is worth waiting for.

Comment

It ain't easy, but I get by by holding my other guitars as I rock back and forth, mumbling to myself that "the gmw will come, the gmw will come, the gmw will come....." [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Dan was on here not long ago and yes, I would much rather wait for perfection than get a crappy job sooner, and Dan never does crappy work. I'm just wondering how all these other guitars are ahead of mine in the line, if there is one. Still, fingers crossed, and when you see it, you'll know it was worth my waiting. This guitar is all killer, no filler!!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

The hardest part will be the final week when it's on it's way to me, that's the killer right there.

Comment

I sent an XTRR off in the middle of November '03 to be blood dripped and got it back this past Thursday. No matter how long the wait, it'll be worth it. These guys are amazing! Throughout the whole process, they replied to every one of my emails almost immediately and answered every question as thoroughly as possible. After talking to Lee on the phone, he's as nice a guy as you could ever meet.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Shine:
                            Have faith guys. I sent my Soloist there a long time ago and I heard its done recently. Perfection is worth waiting for.
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Is yours the one with the Rising Sun graphic? They recently put up a pic of one in the photo section...yellow and black, with a black strat headstock...

Comment

Still waiting on my VVV. 1 year so far.

Brett

Comment

Working...
                              X