Gibson Les Paul Vintage Mahogany?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gibson Les Paul Vintage Mahogany?

Anyone know about these special models made for MF? Seems like a glorified "Studio" with better pickups and carved mahogany top instead of maple. Me likey. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] The finish looks kind of dull like the Faded series, though. http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/...base_id/111099
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Re: Gibson Les Paul Vintage Mahogany?

It's a hell of a lot cheaper than a studio...go for it. Let us know if you get it!

Comment

If you need to sell your Hamer to fund that Paul, let me know. You could even put the leftover EMG's in it. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I think Travis is stalking your Hamer... [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by etaeniura:
          It's a hell of a lot cheaper than a studio...go for it. Let us know if you get it!
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hmmm, maybe I will. I've got a MF card. [img]graemlins/idea2.gif[/img] Damn GAS!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Travis:
            Yeah, USA Hamers give me as much wood as J/C's do. I want to get right up to the point of being annoying without crossing that line. [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img] That way, when it is time to sell it, I will be remembered. [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Don't worry, you'll be first to know if I ever decide to sell. Unless, of course, Pete (Twisteramps) wants her back. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
              </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Travis:
              Yeah, USA Hamers give me as much wood as J/C's do. I want to get right up to the point of being annoying without crossing that line. [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img] That way, when it is time to sell it, I will be remembered. [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Don't worry, you'll be first to know if I ever decide to sell. Unless, of course, Pete (Twisteramps) wants her back. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Screw Pete, he had his chance to keep it. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Good point. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I just ordered the LP, so I've got 45 days to run it through its paces once I get it. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] I sold my Carvin 12-string on ebay not long ago, and I may be selling one of my string-thru Dinkies soon, so my GAS can be justified now. LOL I also got a quote on a Custom Shop Hamer Monaco, and it's a very good deal considering I want it to have 24 frets, a sound chamber in the body, tummy bevel on the back, inlays at the 1st and 24th frets. Maybe I'll sell the Special afterall, though not until I decide on the Custom or not later this year.

Comment

Sweet. Give a full review of that Les Paul when it comes in. And remember, I get my student loan around September. Lord knows there is going to be a little extra lying around for another guitar.

Comment

hey joe, i just looked at the zoomable picture, and it IS a studio. (not a bad thing, just confirming your comment about it) sounds like it could be a winner, but i'm with ya on wondering what kinda finish it is....it does kinda seem like the faded ones, but i think they'd mention that.

either way, for that money, it's not a bad deal, and i'm sure it'll be a cool guitar. i'd like to hear some sound clips when you get it; i bet it'll be a dark sounding mutha. (also not a bad thing!)

sully
                    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                    Sully Guitars on Facebook
                    Sully Guitars on Google+
                    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Yeah, Sully, I did the zoom thing earlier, too, and realized it was a Studio. I like the fact that it's got the mahogany top instead of maple and that it will be a little darker and chunkier sounding. I was also interested in the Special Faded models, but this will be cooler with the carved top, trap inlays, and the pickups are supposed to be better from what I've read. I'll give a full review when I get it. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Comment

I had an old all mahogony studio (84)with original pickups and it was and still is a very dark sounding guitar but very mellow.
                          Let us know how it sounds when get it. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I noticed the description said 59 neck that blows it for me my 84 had the 60s neck it was comfortable for me.The 59 neck feels like a boat oar.Very cool that they reissued this model its one of the best sounding Les Pauls ever.
                            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

In the options box it does say faded cherry finish, just not in the description. I happen to like the faded finishes. The faded V I played last week had a nice feel to it.

Comment

Working...
                              X