Good online Hamer dealers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good online Hamer dealers?

This is where I'll be ordering my custom from (sometime this year when I've got money). http://www.lostartvintage.com/mainframe.asp

These are also supposed to be pretty good. http://www.willcuttguitars.com/links.asp
    http://www.bcrmusic.com/

Check out the Hamer message board if you haven't done so already. I don't go there quite that much, but it's a really cool place with some members from here even (Slayer, JerryFromGhana, EdgarAllenPoe). http://www.hamerfanclub.com/
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Re: Good online Hamer dealers?

whatcha gettin' willie

today i took my set neck chaparral for the bi-monthly maiden jam, it fuckin ripped. Can't remember who mentioned it but OBL pickups aren't the greatest through modern high gain amps but they're awesome through Marshalls

Comment

Thanks for the links Toejam! Jerry I am not buying anything, just torturing myself over the pics of all the nice Studio/Sunburst models out there...I'm really jonesing for one lately but can't afford to buy one...need money for other things.

Comment

No problem! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Hamers are awesome.

Comment

Good online Hamer dealers?

What are the best online Hamer dealers?

Comment

I concur.

Comment

b/w special, the meaning of pain.

Comment

Yeahhh one like that..but red. Hey Jerry does the edge of that guitar dig into your arm why you are playing fast? I have to wear my guitars sorta low and if I play fast punk stuff then the edge of my Rhoads digs into my arm and makes me lose my pick sometimes. I figure an arch top guitar would keep that from happening but maybe that guitar is fine for it too?

Comment

if you get a guitar with an unbound body you're fine. the edges are rounded and very comfortable. archtops dont make much of a difference. fuck those, flat tops with dots are more punk rock anyway.

[ March 29, 2004, 09:02 PM: Message edited by: Jerry From Ghana ]

Comment

Hey, I wanna play! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] '95 Special FM. Travis likes this one. Check out the chrome EMGs. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

I played one like that at the store numerous times Toejam...I was sold on the neck. The one I played was thick and round!

Comment

Fine, since everyone else is showing theirs. Here is my Mirage.

Comment

Jerry is the neck on the Special thick and round?

Comment

Originally posted by Boxcar Willie 84:
                            Jerry is the neck on the Special thick and round?
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">the old specials are all over the place. On average they're not as thick as the reissues. I've heard that the 1980 ones (serial numbers 0 xxxx) tend to have the thinnest necks. Mine (1981) is medium and narrow at the nut. It's beat up and it's probably the worst playing hamer I have but sounds and looks like none other. Those sustain block bridges have a real nice ring acoustically.

Comment

Mine is a little round and beefy, but not too bad. I guess it would be considered more medium, and narrow at the nut.

Comment

Working...
                              X