24-fret Les Paul baritone!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 24-fret Les Paul baritone!!

Whoah, check this out!!! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] I didn't know these even existed. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    http://namm.harmony-central.com/WNAM...-Baritone.html
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Re: 24-fret Les Paul baritone!!

That's certainly the first 28" baritone scale guitar I've seen! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] The Pewter one reminds me of the Roswell Rhoads scheme. Looks almost too cold and sterile. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I played the Epi version and didn't really care for it. I think it was just because of the string gauge. I hate wound G's (D in this case) on electrics.

Comment

Hmm, I found the regular and Epi versions at MF. Seems the Epiphone scale is a tiny bit shorter.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/...ase_id/111824/

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/...ase_id/110648/

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest:
          The Pewter one reminds me of the Roswell Rhoads scheme. Looks almost too cold and sterile. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, it does. I really like the look of the Blue Mist, though. [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, I saw those on Gibson's web site a while back. I don't know, the idea of a baritone just never did it for me. I would rather have a 7 string and keep the high range as well. But that is just me.

Comment

A baritone and a 7-string are two fundamentally different things. A 7-string is just a guitar with another string. A baritone is designed to fit between a bass and a guitar. Longer scale length, bigger strings, and so on. The low notes on baritones don't wash out as much as they do on 7-strings due to the increased scale length.

Comment

Originally posted by Travis:
                Yeah, I saw those on Gibson's web site a while back. I don't know, the idea of a baritone just never did it for me. I would rather have a 7 string and keep the high range as well. But that is just me.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">They did make a 7-string LP a couple years back, that seemed kinda neat. Though, like BM said, the low notes on a baritone are a little better.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Mariah:
                  A baritone and a 7-string are two fundamentally different things. A 7-string is just a guitar with another string. A baritone is designed to fit between a bass and a guitar. Longer scale length, bigger strings, and so on. The low notes on baritones don't wash out as much as they do on 7-strings due to the increased scale length.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Really? Well, the limited amount of ultra low riffing I do is more than satisfied by my 7-string. I thought about getting a baritone at one time, but I just don't go all that low. The lowest I ever tuned my 7 was B flat. I use 11 guage strings so it never sounds too muddy for me. I know about the longer scale helping out, but I guess I'll just have to play one sometime and see for myself. I just can't see myself enjoying a scale longer thatn 25.5 as my fingers aren't all that long. Strong as hell and twice as stubby, though. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

i've got a danelectro baritone, and while i don't play it much, it's kinda cool. i do have to say that it's got huge acoustic tone, and it's got a very naturally full sound. pretty keen.

sully
                    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                    Sully Guitars on Facebook
                    Sully Guitars on Google+
                    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                    X