Various guitars to consider

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Various guitars to consider

Hey bro's... I will keep this pretty short. Here are a few non-Charvel-Jackson guitars that you should consider for your arsenal. I have been playing for a really long time and have accomplished alot so consider these "expert" opinions. lol..... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
    Shredders:
    Ibanez USRG10,20,30
    Washburn N4 pre or post Feiten
    Ibanez S540, S540LTD
    Peavey Wolfgang Standard, Special and EXP

Pickers, Chording, strumming:
    Rickenbacker 360, 360-12
    Carvin DC120
    Carvin CL450
    Fender 72' Tele Thinline Reissue (prefer Jap version)
    Godin Seagull S6+

Re: Various guitars to consider

I have to admit, I've played a couple of the Wolfie EXP guitars, and they're damn nice for the money - one of them was just about as good as the USA I played a few minutes later.

Now if they only had seven strings...

Mike
    Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

do all the wolfies have the unfinished necks or just the top of the line model?

Comment

The EXP Wolf has a satin finished neck. All the rest are the same except the Standards have birdseye and the specials don't. I actually preferred the EXP because it was more punchy sounding.

Comment

JG, As you know, I have an N4 w/ the Feiten system. Sounds more in tune than anything esle I have.. The manager of the music shop I bought it from bought it at NAMM in 97 or 98. The owner of his store got ticked for spending that kinda jack. It stayed on the wall for months. He says one day, "man, make me an offer so I can get out of the doghouse". The retail on it was 2300-ish and I walked out with the guitar and case for 900 even, tax included. Best deal I ever got on a guitar.

Comment

I paid a crazy low price for my N4 Multiswirl because it has a neck repair right at the scarf joint. It was an excellent repair and after some slight sanding and some tung oil it is not noticable at all. It was just a very slight seperation at the scarf joint seam. For that reason I got it for a song. Mine is pre-Feiten. It is a fantastic guitar with a very unique neck. Not only is the Stephens Cutaway unique but even the profile. It is thin in width but chunky on the back side. I guess it would be considered similar to a hard C? I think it feels like the Jeff Beck Fender Strat neck but with super jumbo frets and a narrower width. Great tuners, great pickups and great balance. It certainly is a players guitar. It is one of those guitars that surprises you when you play it. Kind of like the way the Peavey Wolfgang surprised me. So much that I bought 3 of them.

Comment

Working...
            X