No announcement yet.

Holy crap.. I bought another BC Rich..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy crap.. I bought another BC Rich..

This time from BoogieStreets. They were asking top Dollar for it, but Eric allowed me to neogiate the price down alot (Literally hundreds of dollars).

I had to have this Virgin, and it is amazing. These pictures were taken by Boogiestreets and don't really do the guitar justice. In person, it is mind blowing. The red metal flake paint just reflects light everywhere, and again the entire guitar is top quality. I'm hooked on these new BC Rich's now. Eric has great taste in ordering these customs, and they are an authorized dealer.

Again, these pictures suck compared to how good this guitar looks in person. This is my first "Beast" headstock, and it is like a pitchfork. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] I love it!!

I hope you guys can appreciate it. I think alot of people here would be very happy with the quality and BC Rich's are always a fun alternative.

-Rich-

Re: Holy crap.. I bought another BC Rich..

Cool. I saw that on ebay recently. I love the body shape. I played Moser's Scythe at his house and it's a very comfortable shape. What's the neck like? 1 5/8" nut? I was just playing my Beast tonight and marvelling at the headstock shape. You can't go wrong with a string thru bridge!

Comment

WOWOW!
      I love Jackson guitars and I also love BC Rich.
      BC Rich has a lot of guitars with these string thru and stop tail bridges which I love.
      They play great and sound fantastic too.
      Now, let's see what I can get for myself...
      [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

What a beauty!!!! Love that sparkle finish. You may need to stay away from BoogieStreets in future!!

Comment

Awesome! A while ago they had a Virgin that was blue flamed with white neck AND body binding!!! It was amazing, but someone snatched it up on a buy it now from ebay before I could pull the trigger.

How does the guitar play? What is the neck like compared to a Jackson. The older BC Richs I have are a little thicker and rounder to me than a Jackson. They are more Gibson-like to me. How’s the new one?

Comment

The neck on this one is WAY different than a Jackson. It's a 5/8 nut width, and like you said thicker and rounder, very Gibson like (somewhere between the 60's classic neck and the 50's baseball bat neck, but very comfortable).

And also as you said, much rounder. They are building them to 80's specs I assume. When I had my Custom Shop Warlock made, I said I wanted the neck to be made to Jackson DInky specs, so I've got my one BC Rich that plays like a Jackson.

The Virgin is an incredibly comfortable shape. I never liked it untill I saw this one. BoogieStreets has an awesome white V on ebay as well, but the price on that is just way too high (Close to 3k). It is one of the most beautiful Vs I have ever seen though.

I am thinking about swapping the EMG 85 into the bridge and 81 into the neck. The 85 is an amazing bridge pickup in a Mahagony guitar.

Rich

How does the guitar play? What is the neck like compared to a Jackson. The older BC Richs I have are a little thicker and rounder to me than a Jackson. They are more Gibson-like to me. How’s the new one?
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

Comment

Toru, BTW.. that violet GMW I bought from you is still one of the best sounding guitars I own. I was marveling at how good the Fred sounds in that guitar last night. I hope it's blue twin is doing good!

Rich

Comment

Rich thats awesome, not one of my favorite shapes but still killer. yep that sounds more like the early/mid 80's neck specs. the big diamonds look great on that.

its good to hear they are making nice guitars again.

Comment

Congrats! Looks awesome. Ditto on the good to see BC is still making good stuff too.

Comment

My Beast, Widow, and Wartribe all have the 1 5/8 nut. The neck is close to a C profile, while the Wartribe feels slightly like a U profile. It's a bit thicker but not by much. They're very easy to play.

Comment

Originally posted by deviltronix:
                      Toru, BTW.. that violet GMW I bought from you is still one of the best sounding guitars I own. I was marveling at how good the Fred sounds in that guitar last night. I hope it's blue twin is doing good!

Rich
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yea my Blue Dinky is my main guitar and sounds great!
                      I play it all the time.

BTW, I want a JR.V. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                      What about new custom shop, if I order one,how long will it take to be done?
                      I am thinking of ordering a Jr.V.

Comment

Man, that is just an amazing guitar Rich!! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Dave->
                        Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Sweet guitar! That is a killer finish. Enjoy!

Comment

Congrats on the new axe. Killer sparkle too. Good luck with it.
                            Scott
                            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Dude , you have no idea how jealous i am. [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X