Fender/Squier bridge saddles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender/Squier bridge saddles

I posted this on a Squier forum, but in the meantime....

I just picked up an earlier Squier Bullet. I did a much-needed setup on it last night. I took the bridge string saddles off and soaked them in WD-40 for an hour (believe me, this guitar had seen better days). I adjusted the truss rod, polished the frets, restrung, set intonation, etc... and it plays pretty good now.

Now for the question:

Is there any particular rhyme or reason on how the saddles need to go back on? In other words, are they totally interchangeable or do certain ones need to be in a certain position (string 1-6)?

These are Fender saddles, the kind with the spring-loaded screws for intonation and each one has two small allen head screws for height adjustment. I noticed that the height screws on two of them were shorter than the others. I put these on the E strings, 1st and 6th, which I assumed was to accomodate the fretboard radius.

Is there anything else I should know? I've never owned a guitar with this bridge before.

Thanks!
    Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Re: Fender/Squier bridge saddles

You've got it right. It's just common sense

Comment

I asseume you have a vintage style bridge. If I am right, click the link I have below to see fender's instructions on how to set them up.

1967 Service Manual

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Shine:
        I asseume you have a vintage style bridge. If I am right, click the link I have below to see fender's instructions on how to set them up.

1967 Service Manual
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yep, that's it, except the long intonation/holding screw is centered on mine instead of offset.

Thanks, guys!
        Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Working...
        X