GMW question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GMW question

who builds the necks and bodies? do they do it or do they buy parts from one of the big places like Warmoth?
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Re: GMW question

GMW cuts their own necks and bodies, but they have used Warmoth products in the past. When they do, they are upfront about it.

Comment

That's what I thought. I ordered a neck from them and it arrived in a Warmoth box. It doesn't feel or look like a Warmoth - that's why I was curious.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim:
        That's what I thought. I ordered a neck from them and it arrived in a Warmoth box. It doesn't feel or look like a Warmoth - that's why I was curious.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">My guess is that Lee shipped it in whatever box he had lying around that was sturdy and convenient. I've spoken with him, Neal Moser and Dan Lawrence personally about this issue and they've all been upfront about the fact that they have used Warmoth before, particularly on the early Moser Guitars, but they don't try to deceive customers about it. It's actually an option, because in some cases the Warmoth necks will be more cost-effective for a customer.

I don't believe they would try to shit you about something as small (to them) as a neck.

Comment

Tim, last time I spoke with Lee he told me that Neal was doing the necks. It's only been 6 months for the body and neck I ordered. It was only suppose to take 3 months.

Originally posted by hippietim:
          who builds the necks and bodies? do they do it or do they buy parts from one of the big places like Warmoth?
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

Comment

When I was talking to Lee when I ordered it he said that he often sends folks to Warmoth for stuff so I really didn't think that what I had bought came from Warmoth. I was more curious than anything. The neck I got definitely isn't an ordinary Warmoth neck.

I'm looking forward to the guitar they're building me. It's in Dan's hands now for paint.

- Newc

Comment

Working...
            X