X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, Line6 does some serious damage,,,

http://www.line6.com/variaxWorkbench/intro.html

whatcha think?

Im picturing these electronics stuck into a modified SL2hT.....

:s

Re: Wow, Line6 does some serious damage,,,

That looks like it would be alot of fun to play with. I bet the custom shops (Jackson, Fender, BC rich, etc.) will get some crazy requests using that program. They will probably curse LINE 6 forever!

Comment

I've got two Variax's - I was very stoked when I saw this earlier today.
      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Tim, I still got to get one of those. Because the 1st version is so cheap now, do you recommend it?
        $499.00 blowout at GC a few weeks ago! I missed it though. This new software technology is getting really interesting.

Comment

I have one and I recommend it if you get one with the right frame of mind.

It is not a high quality guitar.
          It plays pretty good after some setup work
          It looks well um, like a Gibson/Fender love child.

It is an incredible tool in the studio.
          I now find myself using it more and more live. The acoustic models work great and I don't need to lug my nice acoustic out with me.
          If you have a vetta, it interfaces with it which makes it even more versatile.

I like being able to pick thru some acoustic linse, twist a knob and spank out some tele tones, twist again and grind out some Les Paul driven chords.

Comment

I'm in process of building a Warmoth Strat with variax electronics.. I bought the prototype body they had and a neck .. waiting for em to come in now
            Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

I'm on my 3rd Variax. I bought one of the first ones at a steep discount. Then the 700 was announced and I ordered it and sold the first one. Then the 500's dropped to $499 at GC so I picked up another one and put a Roland GK wart on it.

The 500 is not a great guitar. However, with a bit of setup work it's not too bad. I've been talking to the folks at Warmoth for months now about getting the routes done so I will probably move the 500 guts into a decent guitar eventually.

The 700 is a good guitar. As a guitar it is not as good as other guitars in that price range. However, it is 20 guitars in one soooo...

I would definitely recommend getting a 500 for cheap if you can - it's well worth it IMO. The only problem with the 500 is it is ass ugly. Your choices are ugly black (my first one), even uglier red (my current one), or ridiculously fucking ugly tobacco burst.

- Newc

Comment

after spending more time reading, im really excited. The fact that a person can keep stamdard tuning, but have the variax play some crazy outta tune stuff sounds great. NO more loose strings, bad intonation, string changes, etc.

You can turn your guitar into a Bass for simple recordings, I think that has cool potential. I'd just like all that on a neck-thru guitar with 24 frets. [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Comment

Tim check this out then ...

Warmoth Variax Parts
                  Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

I'm holding out for a Tele [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

- Newc

Comment

Line 6 has to be crated with being an innovator. They make my life easy. I want a Variax real bad now
                      I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                      So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Originally posted by Tetsuo:
                        Line 6 has to be crated with being an innovator.
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                        credited? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

From what I have read over on http://www.instituteofnoise.com, new tuners can make a huge difference with the Variax 500.

A member over there just installed the earvana nut on his, and I'm seriously thinking about trying that mod.

The Variax is great for rhythm parts and textures. It just does not scream enough for me to consider it as a serious axe for lead work.

For what I paid for it though, it rocks. The workbench really ups its value and give you VG-88 type editing features in what will probably be a very user friendly interface.

Comment

Edit: give should have been gives

I had to beat RacerX on that one.

Comment

Working...
                            X