Schecter C-1 Elite versus Jacksons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schecter C-1 Elite versus Jacksons

i've been looking at that Schecter C-1 Elite for a while now mostly because it looks [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] and its string thru which i prefer to the floyds i have now...
    but the problem is....i dont have a chance to try it irl without spending a day on traveling to belgium so my question is....how does i stand to Jacksons? its about the same price here as an SL3 for example but i wonder about the quality and the feel of it, since it has abalone bindings all over and some other fancy features...
    for example i hate the feel of LTD's and i dont want to travel a lot of miles finding out it feels as cheap and crappy as an LTD [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Re: Schecter C-1 Elite versus Jacksons

ok ive used the search function and it seems they're pretty good..
    i still wonder how they stand up against a DKMGT or a SLSMG though...anybody?

Comment

I love my Elite. It plays almost as well as my Sl1, has a great neck, and has the coil taps for the hums. Very versitile guitars that are pretty cheap. I prefer it over both the DKMGT and SLSMG.

Comment

They at least look nice, but I've never played one. I kinda like the C-1 classic more since it's neck-thru and not a set neck.

Comment

I like my C-7 just fine.
          750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
          Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

Originally posted by ZeNo:
            ok ive used the search function
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You are my hero! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

if i am correct, i believe the c1 elite goes for $500 to $600 range at guitar center.

i think for that price you can get a nice used hamer usa or a les paul studio which are both superior to the c1 in my opinion.

Comment

The Schecter C-1 is a VERY solid, well built player. The necks are comfy (larger than Jackson) and the finish / hardware are top notch. I love mine and some day I hope to own another. Very reliable for gigging.

That being said, the Schecter is a great guitar but it does not hold a candle to my SLSMG. As far as neck-thru imports go, the SLSMG is the king. The best fretwork, woods, etc. The most impressive axe I've owned aside from my USA Mustaine signature KV's.....actually, if you want the truth, I would call the SLSMG equal to the USA KV in quality and playability - but, the KV did have better pups and tuners.....
                The SLSMG is also very light and thin, and being mahogany has tons of sustain and is very pronounced when unplugged. The schecter is a tank and I think it weighs close to 9-10 lbs (at least mine does).

Comment

thanks for the info!

Comment

get the new white one [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] that's the coolest schecter I've seen in years

I played the black one and I really liked it, although it could use different pickups. The neck was comfy and the abalone binding looks great

I also love the SLSMG, thin body and very very comfortable. sounds awesome too

Comment

hey arent you from the netherlands aswell? where did you buy it? the only dealer i found was in belgium

Comment

I didn't bought it. They had one at Van Vliet Muziek in Woerden. But that store is terrible [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] they have very few guitars and no metal/rock guitars at all. It was just a coincidende I walked in that store actually (: (geen idee waarom dat gitaar er stond eigelijk, t barst er wel van de fenders etc)

Comment

hmmm thats weird indeed.....do you remember the price?

Comment

Irritant he als ze alleen maar fenders in een winkel hebben.........maar 1 x een Jackson gezien in nederland en die stond dan nog wel in dat glazen hok bij feedback......

Comment

Moet je eens naar www.music123.com gaan. Die versturen gitaren over heel de wereld. Ik heb er zelf geen ervaring mee maar een vriend van me heeft voor 600 euro plus 100 euro verzendkosten een gibson flying V faded laten komen en was er zeer tevreden mee. Ze hebben er redelijk wat shecter gitaren voor goeie prijzen.

Comment

Working...
                              X