New Les Paul here as well....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Les Paul here as well....

Well, just like Toejam I am the owner of a new Les Paul as well...

I'll start with the facts and move onto opinions:

<center>
    <table>
    <tr><td valign="top">
    Manufactured in: Nashville, TN
    Top: Carved maple
    Back: Mahogany
    Binding: Single-ply top
    Neck: Mahogany
    Profile: 1960 Slim taper
    Peghead Pitch: 17 degrees
    Thickness at 1st Fret: 0.800 in.
    Thickness at 12th Fret: 0.875 in.
    Heel Length: 0.625 in.
    Neck Joint Location: 16th fret
    Fretboard: Rosewood
    Scale length: 24-3/4 in.
    Total Length: 18.062 in.
    Nut Width: 1-11/16 in.
    Width at 12th Fret: 2.062 in.
    </td><td valign="top">
    Frets: 22
    Inlays: Yellow Pearloid Trapezoid
    Binding: Single-ply
    Hardware Plating Finish: Gold
    Bridge: ABR-1
    Tailpiece: Stopbar
    Neck Pickup: 496R ceramic magnet humbucker
    Middle Pickup: 496R ceramic magnet humbucker
    Bridge Pickup: 500T ceramic magnet humbucker
    Controls: 2 volume, 2 tone, 3-way switch
    Strings: Brite Wires .010-.046

Case
    Exterior: Black Reptile Pattern Hardshell
    Interior: Dark Grey Plush with Black Shroud
    Silkscreen: Silver 'Gibson USA' logo
    </td></tr></table></center>

I lost a lot of interest in Gibson once they started cranking up the prices in the mid 90's as the quality got more unpredictable. And I swore if was to buy one, it would be used and a great deal. Anyway, I was at Sam Ash a few weeks ago and noticed a classic with gold hardware and 3 pickups. Wow, did it play nice. two weeks later, I still couldn't stop thinking about it so I took a trip back the other night and brought her home.

This Les Paul totally rocks. Build quality and finish are immaculate. Blank truss rod cover & no 1960 on the pickguard. The 1960 slim neck is perfect for shredding, and this guitar is a total shredder. The only thing I might change is the bridge humbucker. It is a 500t. It is the heaviest pickup I have here in any guitar (I'm talking more gain that a duncan distortion). Amazingly, it sounds great and still has tone, but it feeds back at low volumes. I'm thinking I may put a double cream Fred in the bridge.

So anyway, this guitar is killer. I don't have space to keep anything around anymore that isn't totally awesome, and this guitar will be hanging on the wall for a long time. At $1599, it is alot of guitar.

-Rich-

<center> </center>

[ April 04, 2004, 01:57 AM: Message edited by: deviltronix ]

Re: New Les Paul here as well....

Oooh, nice one! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Love the gold hardware, too!!! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

triple humbuckers, very ace frehley [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

secksee

Comment

Very Nice.... Love those triple Humbuckers! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey, that body looks just like my Frampton Les Paul! is the wiring standars with the 3 pickups? The way the Frampton is wired, the top volume and tone are masters for the bridge and neck pickups, and the bottom vol and tone are for the middle pickup. Since it's technically wired "on" all the time, I can blend it in slightly with the bridge pickup to get some great buttery lead tones. I dig yours man...cool blend of a Standard and Custom! !

Comment

Here are some much better pictures if anyone is still interested. I got to spend the weekend with this guitar, and it really kicks ass. It is a nice change to be playing a les paul again...

-Rich-

Comment

Wow... that's almost the same guitar.. even same pickups with gold poles! Is the Frampton drilled for a pickguard?

rich

Comment

I know, the bodies are damn near identical! The Frampton isn't drilled for a pickguard...they came without one. The body is chambered also, which I thought was going to be odd, but is surprisingly resonant.

Comment

I wired my 3-pup Custom with a push-pull on the top volume to switch between the neck and middle - works and sounds killer [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Newc
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Beautifullllllllll. You need to post that on the LP forum too.

Comment

Very nice guitars the both of you have. The triple pickups just look mean as hell(that's a good thing... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] ).

Dave->
                        Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

I got pickup envy looking at that. Do they come with Jumper Cables to get all them pickups fired up incase they go dead? Very nice.
                          ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

LOL..the triple pickup is why I picked this one up (on top of that fact that it is a really awesome player, and the construction is really great considering some of the stuff that leaves Gibson these days)

I was definitly planning on picking up a classic in the next year, but when I saw a triple pickup classic I figured "you gotta get this now". It's nice to own guitars that are part of limited runs sometimes.

The 500t is gonna definitly be replaced. It feedsback to easily, and with my new Framus on order I'm not gonna need the super High Gain pickups.

Rich

Comment

Rich - A buddy of mine picked one up at Sam Ash several months ago. Congrats, great guitar. I recall them advertising that guitar on their website at the time as a "Sam Ash Exclusive". I don't know if you bought yours there or not.

Comment

Working...
                              X