Need Info On this Gibson V II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Info On this Gibson V II

Has anyone ever seen a Gibson like this? Is this a custom? How many where made? That sort of thing. Check out the pictures at this link. Mathyus Homepage

Thanks for any info

Mathyus

Re: Need Info On this Gibson V II

They were made from 1979 - 1982. You see them on Ebay quite often, both with the V pickups and the later models which had regular pickups..........

Comment

I saw one at a music store and was physically ill for two weeks afterwards. [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]
      "POOP"

Comment

I think the body looks pretty neat. But those heart-shaped pickups have got to go! And is the neck pickup screwed into the fretboard? [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

No the Fretboard is cut out around the bridge pup.

Comment

I love them and would own one if I found a nice example at the right price.
            Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

I too like the body of it! I can honestly say, I do not recall ever seeing that before! Pricey?

Comment

I saw one at the guitar show in Dallas about twelve years ago...I think it was tagged at about $700. Had the heart shaped pick-ups.
                I still keep practicing though.... Mostly because I hate my neighbors.-MakeAJazzNoiseHere

Comment

I've got one of those setting in a stand about 3 feet from me right now.

It's interesting looking at those pictures. The plating on the piece that surrounds the bridge pickup is worn off in exactly the same place it is on mine. I was wanting to replace that piece but can't find one. That is just about the only noticeable flaw in mine.

I would upload a couple pictures of mine if I knew how, I think it is a little bit better looking than the one here.

BTW, what is the term for the piece that surrounds the pickup?

Comment

I want to apologize for my comment above. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Enjoy the guitar. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                    "POOP"

Comment

They also made an Explorer version too.
                      That had standard Dirty Fingers humbucks though.
                      It was called the E2

Comment

This was listed as an E2 explorer from '79 on a local dealer's website. Hopr this doesn't break any rules-I'm not a salesman there or anything!
                        http://www.triplerguitar.com/used/pi...n_e2expl_f.jpg

Comment

The Explorer is cool as shit!
                          "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by etaeniura:
                            This was listed as an E2 explorer from '79 on a local dealer's website. Hopr this doesn't break any rules-I'm not a salesman there or anything!
                            http://www.triplerguitar.com/used/pi...n_e2expl_f.jpg
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yup...that's the Explorer model that matches that series. The E2 and the V2 later changed to bound flametop models in 1981/2...and discontinued early '83 (in '81 or 2...there was also a Firebird model brought in with a bound body and flame top called the Firebird II)...they were all out together with the "RD" series.

Comment

I have always liked those.

Comment

Working...
                              X