Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Epi Thunderbird bass - opinions, anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epi Thunderbird bass - opinions, anyone?

Hi all,

I'm thinking about expanding my horizons a bit into playing bass. I don't want to spend much money, since that would detract from my guitar spending. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

The top candidate at this point is the Epiphone Thunderbird bass, in the goth version, which looks cool and has a mahogany body. The reviews of it on Harmony Central are very positive (though I understand it's neck heavy). Anyone have opinions, or know where I could get the best deal on one? Used would be great, but ironically, they're asking about the same for them used on ebay as they are new at MF ($349).

Thanks.

Re: Epi Thunderbird bass - opinions, anyone?

I had an Epi T-Bird bass for awhile, and for what it was, (an inexpensive knock-around bass) it was pretty good. The action was a little high and needed a bit of tweaking, but it sounded pretty good. It definitely is a neck-heavy bass, and you're not getting past the 14th fret for anything, but as long as you're not trying to play Lead Bass with it, you'll probably like it. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Re: Epi Thunderbird bass - opinions, anyone?

Thanks for the info!

Comment

Working...
      X