Slammer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slammer

Anybody have any experince with these guitars?

Thanx
    Fong

Re: Slammer

Hamer Slammer? I hear they're made in China.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
      Hamer Slammer? I hear they're made in China.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I though Korea?!

Fong

Comment

Ron,

Check you PM.

Fong

Comment

Ron,

Check you PM.

Fong

Comment

I don't know a whole lot about them, but I thought the same - that the current "Slammer by Hamer" guitars were made in China

A local guitar shop had a couple of the older "Hamer Slammer"s and they were both made in Korea. Quite nice guitars actually. I was tempted to get the one in tobacco burst, was giving me a serious Vernon Reid vibe [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] But they wanted way to much for it, more than I've paid for any of my Japanese C/Js. Nice guitar, but I didn't want it that bad.
            Hail yesterday

Comment

Those who own custom shop and higher end guitars may scoff at them, but I have checked out a few anf they seem nice for the money. Most of them are under 200 bucks or so. As with many cheapo import guitars, if you plan to use it for gigging, you may want to upgrade the electronics, or else check out the Hamer import series-they are very nice and inexpensive (around the 350 mark).

Comment

Those new Californians seem pretty cool. Too bad they don't make a USA version any more with the 27 frets.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I also think the Slammer line was from Korea. The current Hamer import line doesn't use the Slammer name any more, and I do believe these new ones are from China.

I saw the new line last Jan at NAMM and they seemed good for the money. I was watching for some to pop up on ebay, and ended up getting the import model CX-2 new for $125. It is a very nice playing guitar, very good quality and the pickups even sounded good! (I have a bar gig where the equipment isn't too secure and also have to stand in the aisle where people walk by (usually drunk), so I didn't want to risk taking & damaging any of my more expensive guitars, so I picked this up for that gig)
                  http://www.hamerguitars.com/?fa=detail&mid=894&sid=190

Comment

Working...
                  X