Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Check Out The New Carvin

KILLER!
    I would love to get one when becomes available.
    I never dig Carvin pickups but this guitar looks GREAT.

Comment

It seems like on every new Carvin model they do one or two things that ruin it for me--this time it's the fact that the guitar is missing two frets. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

If they did an archtop 7-string w/24 frets, I would do whatever I had to in order to get one.

Comment

Originally posted by GERMANDETH:
        After Gibson finishes sueing PRS, PRS will turn around and sue Carvin. [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Good luck trying! The headstock and body shape are different enough to not violate
        PRS' trademark, and other manufacturers
        have been using the straight pull headstock for years too; Samick, for example. There are a shitload of blatant
        PRS copies out there and none of them have been sued to my knowledge.

Besides, EVERY PRS shape is somewhat based on a Gibson shape; I don't think they want to open up that can of worms, because if they COULD prevail in court that this Carvin is a PRS copy, they would set the precedent for Gibson to come back to court and shut down ALL their current models based on the same degree of resemblance.
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Agreed!
          I like it as well.
          But, I would prefer a 24 fret neck option, and
          at least a Wilkinson trem version as well.
          Also would like to see the volume knob set back a touch. I'd be hitting it all the time where it's at right now. (like I do on my Parker)
          Push/pull coil taps in the volume and tone knobs would be cool too.
          I like the M bridge version as pictured.
          Nice fixed bridge design with the recessed TOM.

I'd get one of each.

Kent
          4 SONG EP NOW AVAILABLE!!
          http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/HEDDA

www.heddatheband.com

www.myspace.com/heddatheband

Comment

Holy Shit that is nice! I LOVE IT!
            Bravo Carvin..

I personally love 22 fretters so i think they did everything right on this one..

Comment

Aren't Carvins customizable? I thought the whole premise was that they were a custom shop. Shouldn't that mean that all of you who are complaining about minute details, could get exactly what you want?

Comment

Originally posted by BigDaddyD:
                Aren't Carvins customizable? I thought the whole premise was that they were a custom shop. Shouldn't that mean that all of you who are complaining about minute details, could get exactly what you want?
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">To a certian extent they are.You can choose alot of different things like finish , wood , pickups , electronics ,fret size , trem or not.But Carvin will not change scale lenght or number of frets on a guitar , what they offer is it.They also do not do custom inlays only what they have listed.They are just not as flexible as Jacksons shop , were you can choose just about anything you can think off.You can still build a very nice guitar through Carvin(I own three of them)they are not a complete "custom shop".
                Mike
                --------------------------------------------------------------------
                SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

Originally posted by ChickenScratch:
                  Holy crap that's pretty! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

I'm willing to set aside my fixation with super-strat and Flying V type guitars to get this one. But I need more frets!
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Wow, I feel exactly the opposite. The PRS body style looks boring and clunky to me, especially compared with the sleek super-Strat lines of a Soloist (though RR-style Vs are cool, too). The only thing I LIKE about this PRS rip-off is the fact that it has 22 frets.

Comment

It looks like a sharp ride, but I have never been into the PRS style guitars. Guess I am old fashioned in that I like the standard V, LP and Explorer and variant body styles. That's just me, though.
                    Scott
                    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by budman68:
                      That is simply gorgeous. I have to wonder why they never make any necks with binding though. That would set A LOT of their guitars off.

Dave->
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I agree with Budman. No binding on an ebony boarded guitar is a deal breaker.

I had a DC 400 and DC 200, and both just felt kinda "naked" without the binding.

Comment

Looks like a very classy axe. I really like the headstock shape and string-through setup.

Comment

beautiful...

any idea on the release date? I'm >very< interested in getting one..

~E

Comment

Nice! With some of that pin striping tape on the neck....

Comment

Working...
                            X