BC Rich Jeff Cook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BC Rich Jeff Cook

How can a hillbilly like Jeff Cook play and have a signature model BC Rich?

(For those of you who don't who in the hell Jeff Cook is he is the chicken picker from the band Alabama-Don't feel bad. I had to look it up on the net myself)

And the funny part is it is one of the nicest "shred" guitars they make! [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Does anyone know any particulars about these great guitars?

Re: BC Rich Jeff Cook

i suppose the contract of bc rich is like this:

cash (not much) + free customs but real shitty market models

the opposite example of bc rich is the yamaha signatures, pretty good quality and components for the cash

Comment

Hey Kick Axe,

Could you post a link? I went to the BC Rich website but couldn't find a Jeff Cook model or him even listed as an endorser. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Thanks,

Rich
      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I doubt he'd be listed anymore since Alabama has officially gone into retirement.

The had their farewell tour 2 years ago....I only know this because I read the industry rags from time to time.

Comment

its was a gunslinger/straty shape firebird type headstock, tele type one piece bridge/pickup bezel with a hum & a single in the neck.

Comment

I guess his Peavey endorsement finally collapsed [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorX7:
              I doubt he'd be listed anymore since Alabama has officially gone into retirement.

The had their farewell tour 2 years ago....I only know this because I read the industry rags from time to time.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You mea a farewell tour actually means you're BIDDING FAREWELL?!?!? [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Somebody call Gene and Paul - QUICKLY!!
              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

This is the one I was looking at:

I LOVE it! I just can't believe some redneck plays something so cool. Look at those inlays and that modernized kahler.

Comment

thats sweet but that is not a standard Jeff Cook model thats a custom. i was looking & cant find any of my old BCRich catalogs, but its in the 95' if you can get one. ever since i moved Im missing alot of crap. also watch out for US series guitars with that headstock they are not built in the US & are CRAP.

Comment

[img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] Man , that thing is nice. Kinda has a JEM setup. Gotta love the kahler on it. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Wow, last I knew Cook had a deal with Peavey (seriously). I used to read Guitar Player from cover to cover, and he was featured in the mid 80s. I read the article, bought an Alabama album, and promptly shitcanned it. They made him sound like some awesome axeman, he was basically an average guitarist who could harmonize well.

Pete
                      (waiting for the Kramer Chet Atkins model)

Comment

modernized kahlers have the floyd-type nuts?

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat:
                          </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by WarriorX7:

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You mea a farewell tour actually means you're BIDDING FAREWELL?!?!? [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Somebody call Gene and Paul - QUICKLY!!
                          </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well, I guess Alabama have learned something from KISS, since they're playing the Coliseum here Friday night! Looks like they're out of retirement, or saying farewell at some length.
                          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X