B.C. Rich Custom shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B.C. Rich Custom shop

What's going on with the custom shop? Transition. Information was learned, the entire custom shop was fired, a new one is trying to be created. So the web site hasent been updated, the handmades havent been advertised, the imports now feature high end (handmade type) features, and the BC Rich product manager just quite to take a job at Fender. BC Rich has done an idiotic job of image control, including forum CENSORSHIP, and trying to hide/stall this information by outsourcing out a line of tribute Biches to another shop. Even that fell through. The bottom line is this, when a mother-company hires a private investigator to find out their daughter-company's "American" handmades have been outsourced to a wood shop in Mexico, and they decide to start from scratch with a shop that is run by people who have never built a neck-thru guitar before, and hide the information, it is a recipe for disaster. I had an agrement with John Walker not to tell this story, but now that he is gone, and I have asked THREE times who is in charge with no response..... there it is. If this information is not completely correct....would someone at hhi PLEASE step up and clear the record!!!!!! Its time someone step up and say
    "hey, we deserve the truth. What IS going on?"
    Well, hhi, is this information correct, and if so what is being done about it? Anything to aleviate the fears would be due right about now. Sorry to force your hand, but enough is enough already.

Re: B.C. Rich Custom shop

Ummm...what? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

What BC Rich did was instead of having a 2 step operation, (Build um in Ohio and send um to California to be painted) they moved the paint facility to Ohio as well.

Matt

Comment

What the fuck are you talking about? Indeed they moved to Ohio. The dude in charge of the custom shop is Mark Seaman. He posts regularly on the forum. His email in on there or you could just PM him.

I will say they do have their heads in their asses right now and need to get shit straight soon. I was going to get a custom Beast but they wanted a to charge me a shade under $10,000 and two years wait.

Comment

Neal Moser built the 25th anniversary Tribute Biches. 15 were built and delivered to the hands of happy customers. It didn't fall through at all.

Comment

BCRich hasnt been right since 87. personally I dont even think of the new company as BCRich since BCRich was Bernie & Neal (i know Neal left in 85) but they still made nice stuff. in 87 thats when shit gets inconsistent, you see all sorts of cheap hardware & alot of shady things & alot more POS guitars, even USAs. I dont think they even build them to the same specs or shapes as they used to. shallow cut biches with a quad....they should be shot for making that. IMHO if you want a BCRich buy one with a serial# 88xxx or lower. the pic on the web site with Joe Perrys original Bich & his copy.....just wrong....make them right or sell the name to someone who will, like Ed Roman, he may be an ass & a con & whatever else you want to ad, but he does know how to make FAKE BCRichs better than HHI & Voodoo guitars. [img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img]

Comment

Dude , you have no idea what your talking about.

and j2379 , your right about Ed but that guy is still a douche

[ April 23, 2004, 03:02 PM: Message edited by: Executioner606 ]

Comment

According to Neal Bernie Jr was let go by HHI because Bernie was taking shortcuts and lieing.

Comment

Originally posted by Iced In Flames:
                  According to Yavcon, Bernie Jr was let go by HHI because Bernie was taking shortcuts and lieing.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

Comment

Working...
                  X