Replacement neck for Dinky.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement neck for Dinky.

My Dinky needs new frets as well but I would want to keep the old neck and just change the frets.
    If you love the old neck, keep it and just change the frets.
    I also suggest you to go with Sperzel tuners if you are not using the locking nut.
    I don't use Floyd and I sometimes unlock these and still stay in tune because of the Sperzel.

Re: Replacement neck for Dinky.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I didn't mention before that my dinky is just an import model, so it's not worth a whole ton. For a new neck I'm willing to spend up to about $300. If there aren't any good deals in that range I'll just go for a new guitar and retire the dinky when the frets are done. I've been thinking about getting a good mexican strat made in 1990 and just sticking a humbucker in the bridge. My mentor has several frankensteined 1990 mexican strats, and they're great guitars.

Comment

Ninja,
      You should be able to get a refret for less than $300 (unless you are not talking US dollars).
      Import necks come up frequently on eBay for way less than that too.
      When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

There are tons of these on e-bay , Normal and Reverse HS models. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...720092943&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...720068588&rd=1

Comment

Agreed...re-fret for $150-$200 dollars. It's like getting a brand new- "all broken in" neck. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Replacement neck for Dinky.

My dinky's frets are wearing down. They still have some good live and use left in them but I figure before too long they'll need to be replaced.

A couple days ago someone mentioned that I might want to just get a neck made for the guitar instead of just getting the frets replaced. This would be great if I can find a cheap enough deal. I blocked the floyd on my guitar, and I leave the locking-nut clamps off. The guitar stays in tune fairly well, but the performance of the nut really could be better. Thing is, I like the old neck a lot, so I wanna keep it in it's condition rather than tear it up and modify it, hence the idea of getting a replacement neck.

Suggestions?

Comment

Working...
            X