Dwight Yoakum Gibson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dwight Yoakum Gibson

Alrighty Guys.... As some of you are aware I am in the market for a new Acoustic guitar. I have heard good things about CA guitars, Rainsong, Alvarez Yairi, and a few others. My question is, do any of you have any experience with Gibson Acoustics? In particuliar, the Dwight Yoakum or the Sheryl Crow Models. I believe Crow's is some sort of Hummingbird. Any info would definitely help me out because I really need to some help just getting started in the right direction.

Thanks~

Re: Dwight Yoakum Gibson

I saw one in a store once....I think it had dice or something on it. Kind of pricey as well if I remember correctly. About all I know.

Comment

Depends which model of each company. They are similiar in basic tones, but all guitars vary. You would have to try each yourself and make a decision. You really can't go by other peoples opinions with acoustics. In general I tend to find Taylors more consistent on quality and tone, but that is just me. There have been many Gibsons, that I would love to have.

Comment

Gibsons are my second favorite to Taylor. I am especially fond of the Dove, and J200, but then again I am a sucker for maple acoustics. My favorite Taylors are the 600 series, which are maple...go figue.

Comment

How do the 600 series Taylor sound compared to the Gibson?

Comment

Working...
          X