George Lynch Kamikaze Anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George Lynch Kamikaze Anyone?

I've always wanted a Lynch Kamikaze guitar. Has anyone here ever played one? (ESP not the cheap LTD type).
    Are they worth the money?

Re: George Lynch Kamikaze Anyone?

They are HEAVY, as in weight. But, I love them also, they play really well.
    I still keep practicing though.... Mostly because I hate my neighbors.-MakeAJazzNoiseHere

Comment

Oh yeah, as far as being worth it...you have to ask yourself if you wanna pay that much for a Japanese guitar. If I were to buy a Lynch guitar, I would get a GMW replica. Made in USA [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
      I still keep practicing though.... Mostly because I hate my neighbors.-MakeAJazzNoiseHere

Comment

You can usually find a Kami used for a decent price. That is how I got mine. It's a very nice and heavy guitar. It has a big thick neck on it at well.
        http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

I'd go for a GMW replica, Neal Moser does the nut, fretwork and set up for them, so any GMW will play circles around ANY other guitar out there, except an MCS

Comment

I owned one of the early original Kamikaze guitars, actually it was the fifth one made. It played great and sounded awesome. I wish I still had it, but anyway I've played some of the newer Kamikaze's and to me they don't play as well as the one I had. Not even close. It may be just the few that I played like that, but I would look for an early model Kami if I was going to get one. Just my opinion.

Comment

I had one as well.The neck was huge. I thought it was too wide.Just hard for me to play.Nice guitar but heavy.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I had an old Sunburst Tiger, which is like a Kami except with rosewood board instead of ebony, and I thought it sounded really good (bright and chunky) and was built very well. But the weight and neckshape were turn-offs for me, so I sold it pretty quickly. I put a Screamin´Demon in one of my Soloists instead.

I haven´t played any of the more recent ESPs, so I can´t comment on them.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies.

I know that they have a wide neck (1 3/4). Is there really a difference in feel between 1 3/4 and Jackson's 1 11/16?

Also, could any of you tell me if the Kamikaze has a thin neck profile (like Ibanez) or a thicker neck like a Jackson or Gibson/Fender)?

Thank you

Comment

I played one and the neck is definitely thicker than a Wizard. I find Wizards too thin, but this neck was nothing special. I liked the look of the guitar and it was set up well, but when I found out the body of the guitar was maple, forget it. Have someone make you one with an alder or basswood body or something. Maple is a ridiculous choice as a tonewood. ESP are way overpriced for the overall quality anyway.

Comment

The necks are quite thick and very wide but Lynch uses a smaller nut 1/11/16 so the string spacing is ok but the extra witdth of the neck just didn't work for me.
                      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

As others have stated, the neck is wide and fairly thick. It may take some getting used to if you play an Ibanez or a Jackson. The maple body and ebony board make the Kamikaze a tank and it is very solid and very heavy. Heavier than my Les Paul. The best thing to do, if you can, is play one and check it out. The quality is less than a equivalent priced Charvel/Jackson. The first two frets on mine sit just high enough for the high E string to snag if my vibrato gets out of control. Other than that, nice guitar with a cool warbird graphic. No regrets.

Comment

I have an old one and it is a kick ass, great sounding and playing instrument. It is very well made. I have no problem with the fact that it was made in Japan, I don't understand how that is suppose to be a measure of its quality. It is one of the finest guitars I have played.

Comment

Me likey too..

Comment

As others have posted, I to had one of the very first ones. Yes it was heavy but it kicked major ass, killer tone, very well built. If you are looking to get a kama 1 only get the early ones. Look on the back of the headstock if you see ESP custom shop burned into the wood its a later model from the mid 90s to now. Not bad guitars, but not as nice as the originals. I hope that helps in your search.

Comment

Working...
                              X