Guys, is this a good trade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Guys, is this a good trade?

I was stating FACT FROM MY EXPERIENCES. period.
    You can not deny me that what I have experianced is a lie can you? I speak from what i have known to be true and from what my personal life experiance has shown me. So that being said I would still go for the Gibson. If a set neck guitar is the same cost as a bolt one why is a PRS CE 24 less expensive then a CU24 both with ten tops 24 frets and the same color?
    Aside from the bolt on set differances the CE is a maple neck and the set is mohagony. I have seen Edge pro trems break. All I meant by that i work at a dealer is I have sen alot of situations that others don't get to see. I have seen things that would make Billzeebub shreek. I can give my honest opinion and thats partly what i was doing based in fact of MY experiances. I had a 540S UScustom that had a cracked post and a cracked Edge Pro trem. So I sold it when it started causing problems along with the neck warping.
    If i thought the Ibanez was a better guitar in a trade I would go for the Ibanez. Im not bashing Ibanez. They have made some vast improvemnt over the last two years in quality and crafstmanship even on the lower end stuff. The whole idea of me being biased against Ibanez is just wrong. I sell Ibanez but I also sell Gibson, Wayne and other brands. I don't let my personal feelings and taste get into a sale or a deal with a customer unless I'm asked by the customer which I preffer.
    Than obviously I go with JAckson. But if the custy wants a non trem guitar under 500 i go with Gibson,schecter,Ibanez or somthing like it. I guess we need to stock the JS30 series in full.
    Anyway If the Ibanez is really what you want then keep the Ibanez, If you want a stop tail darker toned Gibsopn then get the Explorr. BTW the Gothic series is the exact same guitar as the 76 reissue. the only thing that is less expensive about it is the satin Nitro finish. The hardware is more expensive than the chrome too.
    They save the money on manufacturing by the finish not being as thick and as buffed out as the 76 reissue. They both are built exactly the same way by the same people in the same plant period.
    Gil

Comment

we need a pissing match gremlin.

my only experience is with my ic500 iceman. it's a set neck, japan made, limited run guitar. it plays nice, but the body is made of basswood, and it's been a pita to find pickups that sound good in it. this is also the only basswood guitar i've ever owned, and it's been a pain in the ass. i'd never buy another basswood made guitar.

not being a fan of the ibanez strat styles, i'd unload it in a second. admittedly, i know jack about the model you're talking about. just because it's a high end ibanez doesn't make it a good guitar; brett just shared with me how the universe he just got is really craptacular on many levels.

i also like the no inlay/12th fret only inlay that the goth series has. i also love jg's point about goth chicks (married one when i was young and stupid). i've never played either, so i can't really offer an opinion on the trade, but i've got opinions on some of the opinions expressed so far! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

eh, fuck it, good times! play the guitar and if you like it, swap it.

sully
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

oh...and i've seen a gibson TOM bridge snap right in half while playing. it happened on my friend's 1971 lpc as i was playin it. it couldn't handle all the rockin i musta' been layin down. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by JACKSONFREAK:
          BTW the Gothic series is the exact same guitar as the 76 reissue. the only thing that is less expensive about it is the satin Nitro finish.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Are you sure it's nitro? The finish on my worn cherry Studio (MF exclusive) is satin lacquer. I thought all the faded finishes on the Gibsons were the same. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Actually, the RG3120TW is a mahogany body with a flamed maple top - about 7mm thick. It is not basswood. I know cause I owned 1 and just sold it. Other than that, it is totally up to the buyer to decide which one is right for him. I had a few Ibanezes, but am down to 1 - rg620x. They are excellent guitars. I actually used the money I made on the RG to buy my old soloist back with, but thats another story.

Comment

Originally posted by jsullysix:
              oh...and i've seen a gibson TOM bridge snap right in half while playing. it happened on my friend's 1971 lpc as i was playin it. it couldn't handle all the rockin i musta' been layin down. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I bet you had your Ace makeup on at the time. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

I love Ibanez model names. My first one was like a Mg 4124124 something

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable:
                  </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by jsullysix:
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I bet you had your Ace makeup on at the time. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">nah, but even when it's off, it's on in my heart. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

sully
                  Sully Guitars on Google+
                  Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Joe all Gibsons are Nitro Laqure. Thats all Gibson does from the Faded?worn cherry/gothic low gloss/satin finishes to the ultra expensive Class
                    5 and custom shop one offs. Im 100% possative its nitro. which is a laqure. The Epipone stuff is polyester (not the fabric or the leisure suit)
                    The Epiphone Elite stuff looks like Nitro but ive only seen a couple so couldnt be sure. Also the guys at Gibson told the Gothics and everything else is Nitro.

Sully. I dont doubt that the T-O-M bridge can snap in half but ive never seen it.
                    Gil

Comment

Gil, I inquired about my guitar and got an email straight from someone at Gibson telling me that my guitar definitely had a satin lacquer on it (I thought lacquer was a different finish than nitro [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] ), so that's why I'm thinking all of the gothic/worn/faded series are that way... unless it's only specifically on the exclusive MF model I've got. It's even got a mahogany top, and MF calls it Vintage Mahogany. http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/...se_pid/517536/

Comment

I wouldn't keep either 1...I would get a Jackson!!!!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by jacksonpc1:
                          I wouldn't keep either 1...I would get a Jackson!!!!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">There ya go! End of story. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
                          Scott
                          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Joe by satin lagure Gibson is saying it's a non high gloss non buffed out Nitrocelulose Laqure.
                            Nitro is a laqure.
                            Gil

Comment

Originally posted by JACKSONFREAK:
                              Joe by satin lagure Gibson is saying it's a non high gloss non buffed out Nitrocelulose Laqure.
                              Nitro is a laqure.
                              Gil
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Oh, okay. I thought it was a different type of lacquer other than nitro. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X