G.A.S. attack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.A.S. attack

I can honestly say that guitars are really taking control.Here is the short story:
    I need to finish restoring my 1959 Austin Healey Mark I and my wife won't appropriate any funds so she says "just sell some of your guitars!, you have a ton of them!!". So.. I sell my Charvel Star and I get rid of my Rickenbacker and I have a few items up on auction which will fetch me the money required. So what do I do?? I take the money for the Star and the money I "will" be getting for the other items, and instead of using it for the car, I instead buy a PRS Standard 22.
    I am going to tell her that the box that the PRS is coming in has car parts in it. I guess the Austin Healey will be sitting in the garage for a little longer.

Re: G.A.S. attack

I need to get an angle like that. "car parts" heh. I'd neve get it by the wife.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable:
      So what do I do?? I take the money for the Star and the money I "will" be getting for the other items, and instead of using it for the car, I instead buy a PRS Standard 22.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

awesome....hope you still have the ST-3....& the joker may be for sale soon. depends on what my custom shop quotes is $$.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable:
          I can honestly say that guitars are really taking control.Here is the short story:
          I need to finish restoring my 1959 Austin Healey Mark I and my wife won't appropriate any funds so she says "just sell some of your guitars!, you have a ton of them!!". So.. I sell my Charvel Star and I get rid of my Rickenbacker and I have a few items up on auction which will fetch me the money required. So what do I do?? I take the money for the Star and the money I "will" be getting for the other items, and instead of using it for the car, I instead buy a PRS Standard 22.
          I am going to tell her that the box that the PRS is coming in has car parts in it. I guess the Austin Healey will be sitting in the garage for a little longer.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That ain't going to work. Better just fess up, you will get busted anyway. What are you going to do hide the prs? What is she going to say when the car is not running. Obviously she already knows your a guitar freak. Better a guitar freak than a liar, might as well get it ove with and face the music. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Sorry little pun i couldn't resist.

Comment

Yeah, I get car parts from the Professional Restoration Service (PRS) company all the time too!

Brian

Comment

SELL THE CAR TO FEED YOUR ADDICTION TO GEAR!!!!

MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi... My name is (Enter name here). I am addicted to gear.

lol.

I agree. Don't lie about it. Tell her the money came from stuff you sold. This way you won't have G.A.S-G

Gear Acqusition Syndrome.....GUILT. lol

Well... PICS???? Did you have to make me ask!
              [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Man, you guys are a lot more honorable than I am. I was going to suggest having it delivered to you at work, then sneaking it home at a convenient time and tucking it behind the rest of your guitars. Then, when she eventuallly notices it in a week or so, you just say, "oh, I've had that for awhile" (being careful not to specifically define awhile).

Not that I have any actual experience in enacting the above scenario, of course. [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

The part about the car still not running is easy. Turns out still more work is needed. That's par for the course for collector car restoration (which, incidentally, makes guitar collecting look like a cheap hobby).

Comment

You gave up a Charvel star for a PRS? [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

What ever floats your boat!

and post pics of the Austin Healey!

Comment

Originally posted by j2379:
                    awesome....hope you still have the ST-3....& the joker may be for sale soon. depends on what my custom shop quotes is $$.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I still have the ST-3. It is my main gigging axe now. If you want to trade that Joker for my Washburn N4 Multiswirl please let me know. You know what a big fan of Tony I am.

Comment

Working...
                    X