P90 equipped guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: P90 equipped guitars

I got a Kent Armstrong conversion P90 and threw that into one of my V's a couple of weeks ago. I figured P90's were the tone I was after, and I was right. But, I don't have a guitar that I want to convert permanently to P90's. Plus, I'm an unrelenting gearwhore so I want something new. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Outlander: I like the S series, but the S series doesn't like me. I have one, and thebody shape doesn't work with me. I pulled it out of the closet the other day and promptly remembered why I put it in the closet in the first place. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Black Mariah:
      Plus, I'm an unrelenting gearwhore so I want something new. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well then, no further justification is needed...

At the risk of further tweeking you out - you should be told about Tom Andersons new M Series pups...supposedly all the best of a P-90, a single and a bucker all rolled into one - just a shade smaller than a P-90 too....I may order up a new pickguard for my Classic loaded withthtree of those...

Steve E

Comment

BM...What doesn't the guitar like about you and what in particular do you like about the S series? Which model do you have?The P90 version?I was very intrigued with a red P90 version I saw a few years ago they are very slim and have a waist or (belly) cutout if I remember correctlly.
        At that time I was looking for a dual Hum 24 fret neckthru guitar with Duncans preferably.After a year of lurking here and trying many guitars at the local guitar stores I ended up with a SL2H. I'm very happy with the Jackson but I'm still curious about the P90 issue.

Comment

It pulls up too close to my body, oddly enough. It makes it hard to move around when needed. My arms don't twist as far as most peoples, so I have to put the guitar in some weird positions to get it working for me. Yes, it's weird. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Not that weird. I noticed it was ok sitting down because you could set it out some on your leg.When you stand up they are positioned closer to you because they are fairly slim.I noticed that the neck seemed closer thereby changing or adjusting playing position somewhat.You wouldn't think an inch or inch and1/2 would make that much difference but we are creatures of habit [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

if we're talking hum sized P90's, you can;t do better than the Hamer co-designed pu, the Seymour Duncan Phat Cat!

Comment

Wait a minute I'm still getting my flame suit on............OK
                What's your opinion on the Ibenez JS series with the P-90s and while we're at it the reg hum model too. I believe they're Models 100 and 1000 respectively,Is this correct?I like the feel and look of the guitar but havn't really had the time or opertunity to mess much with either one of them.
                "IF YOU HAVE STEAK EVERY DAY IT'S STILL NICE TO HAVE A HAMBURGER EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE"
                (a statement for my own self defence?)

Comment

Well, if you're looking for a P-90 tone without getting a new guitar, check into the DiMarzio Bluesbuckers (regular humbucker-sized pickups). They're supposed to have that P-90 sound without the noise. www.dimarzio.com
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                  X