Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another "How Much Is It Worth" Thread!, haha.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another "How Much Is It Worth" Thread!, haha.

Hey everyone.

Now I know these threads can be kinda a drag, but its going to a good end product (hopefully)!

I'm considering selling my Alpine White Gunslinger, but for a worthy product!
    Good ole Seventh is jonesin' for a Rhoads!!!

so here are the specs, and price quotes and estimations would be grand.

Unsure of year, speculations have it as late 80's even Pre-class axe.

Reverse Black Headstock. "Made in U.S.A." in small script.
    unfinished all maple neck.
    22 jumbo frets
    black dot inlays
    bolt-on
    Grover tuners
    (really nice broken in feel)
    body has 1 small ding in back contour.
    Seymour Duncan TB-4
    Licensed Floyd
    1 volume
    500 K volume pot
    top horn strap button located on back of horn.

i'm just basically looking for estimates on it so i know how much its worth. I'm kind of unsure of the exact date of the instrument, but the body, other than that small ding, is immaculate condition. no pick scrapes of anything.
    and the neck has a little wear on it, just nicely broken in.

any help would be Greatly appreciated. if I do sell this thing all proceeds benefit the Jackson Rhoads I'm saving to get.

p.s.-some douche wrote something small on the back of the headstock. i was wondering if there was any way to get it off? any ideas are appreciated.

thanks everyone.

Re: Another "How Much Is It Worth" Thread!, haha.

Around $300 would be my guess...give or take $75

Comment

I'm with Daddy D.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Sounds about right, I've seen 'em go on evilBay from $275! - $475 for a rarer graphic model. I've got one myself, but there's NO way I'd let it go for that as it's one of the best playing/sounding guitars I own.

Comment

What's writen on the back of the headstock? Does it look like it could say Bernie Rico in Sharpie marker? If so it just increased in value.
          275ish is way low for a USA Gunslinger. I would more like 500 range. The Imports go for 200 every day. If its a rear color or graphic and it is Bernies signature i would say more like 500-700 range. Some of you may think that im crazy but i've seen it happen to lesser quality guitars.
          The gunslingers are killer guitars and deserve a better price.
          Gil

Comment

It is possible for them to go the hight, but the average is more like what was stated earlier. The market for them is not great. Shit, the ST-3 I got from Jamie was $300, and he had problems selling that before I took it...and it is a much better guitar than a standard Gunslinger. I look for St-3s and Gunslingers now all the time. If you can get $500 for it, take it immediately. It certainly is possible, but not very probable.

If you look on Ebay right now for completed Gunslinger auctions, there are 8 of them. Out of those, if you look at the ones that actually have any bids, the highest selling one went for $415. That is a slightly rare, unique gunslinger in nm condition with graphic and EMG pups.

The next highest bid on one was $316.

[ May 07, 2004, 07:15 AM: Message edited by: BigDaddyD ]

Comment

yeah they range from $250-500. ive not seen one sell for over $500 in a long time. the only gunslinger ide pay over $350 for would be a PRE CLASS AXE FACTORY graphic with a straight hum, not the typical angled. there is a graphic bolt on warlock thats been up a few times & hasnt even been bid on at $225. & its an earlier model than any gunslinger. they are wierd guitars, since MOST Rich collectors want usa neckthru's not the "cookie cutter" ST-3s & slingers. & most kids want ibanezs & nu metal guitars. so its a small market. BTW if yours has a straight hum i may be interested in buyin it.

Comment

yeah the writing isn;t bernie's, someone wrote really badly and says something about revolution, i just want it off...

sorry guys, its slanted hum. sn is 22500, i believe, with the LA California plate.

na, i don;t think its a rare color. its white and the the only thing different about it is the top horn strap button location being behind the horn, not at the tip.

and I wish i would be able to get more than $300 for it. the USA rhoads will be hella expensive for me, but the Gunslinger Is a phenominal guitar and should fetch more than $300, IMBO.

Comment

Working...
                X