J. Frog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J. Frog

Does anyone of you ever played or owns a J. Frog? They look really nice. Maybe an option to think of.

Re: J. Frog

BE warned most J.Frogs you will se are Ed Roman built.I know Hossman had number 22 J.Frog I think it was which was a real J.Frog.They say there is a big difference between the two.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Correct me if I am wrong guys but, Johnny Frog has little to do with the playability of a guitar.I think he is more into the look.

Comment

I owned two of them, in fact I sold #22 to Hoss and still have my WonderWoman graphic one. J Frog guitars are of EXCELLENT quality, well built and play fantastic. I would grab another if I see one on eBay.

You won't be disappointed in these guiatrs and yes Ed Roman licensed the J Frog name and he makes them. But they are still a GREAT guitar..I play my Wonder Woman J Frog a ton...very comfortable feel and the neck is up there IMO.
        www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
        My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

...i need a pic of this, trace. i've got a bad image of a frog in a wonder woman suit, and that's not right.

sully
          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
          Sully Guitars on Facebook
          Sully Guitars on Google+
          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I've played Tracys J-Frog & I'll back him up 100%,it's a great playing/great sounding guitar!! & no Sully,it doesn't look like a frog in a Wonder Woman suit!!LOL!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] !!Chucksplatter

Comment

So if Roman makes the license ones, where can I find the real ones? if not are the roman ones really as good or are there a real diference between them? playability? tone? wood? neck? what?

Comment

J.Frogs are kind of like JEMS Joe desp....watever not an ibanez jem. these guys didnt MAKE guitars they made bodies &/or modified bodies & used either Kramer, dimarzio & other brands necks. there are VERY few guitars made by either one of those guys & probably more Roman made fakes than real ones. the ones roman makes are basically old kramer spec'd guitars with a frog logo. BTW im pretty sure hoss's was Roman made. i know there was a red one & a green one floating around both were roman made, since they both had COA's

Comment

anyone?

Comment

I think Johnny Frog carved the bodies and made a few guitars for celebs only (Lynch and Mark Kendall - Great White) but to my knowledge these were one offs.
                    I do NOT think J Frogs were available to the public back in the day. All the later J Frogs are from Ed Roman's shop but are still awesome, he pays royalities to Johnny for use of the name.
                    www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
                    My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Working...
                    X