X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vintage Guitar Blue Book....

Does anyone have one?

Re: Vintage Guitar Blue Book....

I don't personally, but you can call The Mandolin Bros. on Staten Island. Those guys can appraise anything even over the phone.

[img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

I have one, and like many other guitar books, its about as useful as syphallis..........

Comment

Hey.....Steve called me and said he thinks his computer has a virus or worst case scenario is possessed.....so he asked me to list the guitar for him.

It is a 1960 Framus guitar w/OHSC. Somebody called him and asked about it, that is the only description I have. There shouldn't have been too many different model types at this time.

Just looking for a rough value of this guitar.

Thanks.

Comment

My Bluebook only say's that there are seperate numbers after the main serial and that is the year, made in Germany if it's that old, Now distributed by Warwick. No mention of value whatsoever. Your best bet is Egay, Sorry. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

ManyAxes:

Thanks for the info....I am sure that Steve will jump on the JCF at work and read your reply.

Thanks again [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

The Vintage Blue Book lists alot of Framus models from the 1960s. They vary in value from $150 - $850US. Of course the book is a little funny, in that it sometimes gives too low or too high. To determine value on any guitar, its what a willing buyer will pay to a willing seller................

Comment

Hey guys thanks for the help! I got the computer back up but I don't know for how long so I figured I better let you know I appreciate it.

I just thought the guitar was a very unique find. The guy just came across it cleaning his grandmothers attic and when I researched it, I found this out:
                1. It was made in Bubenreuth, Germany.
                2. At the time it was made Framus only had 300 employees.
                3. There are quite a few people looking for them as collectors items and willing to pay an impressionable amount of cash for them.

This guitar is in mint condition and all original! I thought it would be worth more than 850 by the book but oh well. Maybe he'll get lucky and sell it for alot.

Anyways THANKS! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Accept2:
                  The Vintage Blue Book lists alot of Framus models from the 1960s. They vary in value from $150 - $850US. Of course the book is a little funny, in that it sometimes gives too low or too high. To determine value on any guitar, its what a willing buyer will pay to a willing seller................
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The model # on the guitar is 74(either 0 or 6)76-66C. If you could let me know what this is worth or if it even in there??? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

I have the regular BlueBook. I guess it's different than the Vintage Bluebook! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Accept: I hear ya about the values being wacky, mine say's Strathead Charvels are only worth like 1500.00! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Comment

I dont see that model number in there. The vintage BB gives the model name and numbers for about 10 or 12 different ones. Of course I have the 2001 edition, so if you look in the 2004 Edition it may be in there.

There are 3 different BBs out there, as far as I know. There is the Vintage Guitar one which is issued annually. There is the elcheapo Standard BB, which everyone and their grandmother owns, and then there is the holy grail BB. I have never seen one, but its hardcover, and it is based on the elcheapo one, but its twice as thick and has all the real info in it. I have heard its about $200 and its published in limited numbers..........

Comment

Working...
                      X