Ok, I bought one...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, I bought one...

I went to GC today (this one has really cool salespeople!) and was checking out the Epi LP's. I was playing an LP standard, and the salesman handed me a Gibson LP Studio to compare them. To me, there wasn't $1000 worth of difference between them, so I bought the Epi. It was priced at $549, and the SKB case was $89, so I was looking at a total of like $640 plus tax, would make it roughly $672. I had gotten a coupon for $10 off any purchase. I gave the guy the coupon and he rung it up as 10% off, plus knocked $20 off the case. My total came out to $580, so I figure I got a pretty good deal. Here's a crappy pic from my $20 digital cam:

Re: Ok, I bought one...

Congrats, man. Looks nice. You coulda' had mine for half that, but you still got a nice one. Enjoy it, bro'! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Dana <~~~
    '85 Rhoads Custom
    '86 SD Str*t
    '86 Model 4 (5)
    '87 Model 1
    '87 Model 6
    '88 Model 3DR
    '90 650 XL
    '94 KE-3
    '97 DR Amberburst
    '97 Dinky BOFlames
    '05 SD Copperhead

Comment

Ok, I've been playing it for the last half hour, and I must say it sounds great, and the pickups are not noisy as some people have said-I'm sitting about two feet from my monitor and can only hear a slight buzz. Plus I was playing it through a Marshall AVT at the store and must say that I am not a fan of those particular amps. It sounds much better through my ten year old equipment! SOrry to babble, I'm just excited about my new axe!

Comment

Nice score, bro. Looks good.

Comment

Congratulations on the LP. I had a couple Epi's a few years ago and they were nice for the money. On a side note, JGCable once told me that he potted a couple Epi pickups and the difference was killer. Maybe get in touch with him. He potted a pickup for me and I had it back within a week, so really short down time.
          Scott
          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Nice Score Man...I've owned an Epi Les Paul for about a year or so now..I have NO complaints out of it.

I've seen a lot of the new ones with the Quilt and Flame tops...SWEET!

(Makes me want another) [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

I don't know if it's their in-store QC or what, but for all the horror stories I've heard about Epis, my local guitar haunt has had some great looking and playing ones through the store. I have yet to find a major problem with any of them. I'm seriously tempted to pick one up.

congrats on the new axe. Looks good.
              Hail yesterday

Comment

I'm actually considering upgrading the pickups as I go. I know you can get most of the SD's with covers on them so it will look stock. I may consider double cremes or creme and blacks-not sure how that would look. May also consider the Gibson burstbuckers-they are supposedly really nice sounding pups. I've got time.....

Comment

Working...
                X