Got a New GMW Today, However......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a New GMW Today, However......

.....the paint on the headstock does not match the body. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] It's subtle, but it definitely does not match. The color of the body is what Lee calls "Toru Blue". It is the roughly the same color as the guitar in DinkyJacksonMan's avatar. But the headstock is lighter and it almost looks like there is a tinge of green in there.

I just got it in my office a few minutes ago and can't post pics until I get home tonight.

Very disappointed with Lee because this was very correctable. I guess he hoped I wouldn't notice.

I'll post pics tonight and keep you posted on Lee's response. This should be interesting.

Re: Got a New GMW Today, However......

That sucks. I am interested on what the outcome on this will be.

Comment

That sucks. Did you contact Lee yet. Man I can't beleive he would send out a guitar like that.

Comment

I'm really astonished with the few complaints coming out of GMW recently. I was in the shop just a day or so ago, and things looked great. I saw a nice star, no problems at all.

I hope you get everything resolved.

Comment

I'm not one to spread rumors, but I heard that GMW is the new Kramer...it's all fast cars, cocaine, and call girls. You're lucky the neck was even attached to the body!

Wait, sorry, please replace "GMW" with "Sully Guitars" in that statement.

Comment

This is strange,I've only heard 2 negative comments about GMW and they both came in the last 2 weeks.I sincerely hope they aren't sacrificing quality,I already contacted them about an RR1 refinish..Fritz,please let us know how this turns out.

Comment

Here is a picture of the body (the headstock did not come out because of the fluorescent lighting in my office):

Lee left me a message explaining the difference in colors. The body was finished in urethane and the headstock with polyester. The poly has some yellow which turned the blue headstock green. They shoot the head with poly because of having to crank down on the tuners. If they don't use poly on the head, the finish will pull away from the tuners and he won't warranty the headstock.

Huh? [img]graemlins/help.gif[/img]

Oh, BTW, I forget to put in the original post that other than the headstock the guitar is immaculate. It plays like butta and the setup is flawless.

Comment

Oh my god!
                Now my Dinky has a sister! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                It looks amazing.I would love to have one like this right next to mine.
                Why did you choose the White knobs when the pickups are Cream?
                My Dinky plays and looks great and is my #1.
                I would love to see the headstock picture.

Comment

Mine in daylight with no flash.
                  The color on yours is exactly like mine.

Comment

Originally posted by fritzreiser:
                    Lee left me a message explaining the difference in colors. The body was finished in urethane and the headstock with polyester. The poly has some yellow which turned the blue headstock green. They shoot the head with poly because of having to crank down on the tuners. If they don't use poly on the head, the finish will pull away from the tuners and he won't warranty the headstock.

Huh? [img]graemlins/help.gif[/img]

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Wha? So they can't match the paint in this situation no matter what? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Sorry to hear bro, [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Dave->
                    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Originally posted by dinkyjacksonman:

Why did you choose the White knobs when the pickups are Cream?
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Toru, I wanted white Duncans originally but Lee thought creme would look better on that color. I forgot all about the knobs still being white. I like them though.

More things I forgot to add:

Body: Mahogany
                      Neck has a scalloped heel
                      Nut width: 1 3/4" [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

oh! now I got it.
                        [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Fritz -

That guitar looks killer - great color....

You know what? You should sand / strip the headstock clean and do away with the mis-match...it will clean it way up and you won't get pissed everytime you look at it...

That's what I would do anyway....but what do I know [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Steve E

Comment

It seems like Lee should have mentioned that ahead of time so you could make a descision on what to do. Don't paint the head or Poly the body so it would match! My Jake looks a little different on the head now that you mention it! [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img] Good thing it's a burst so it's not as easy to tell..

Comment

P.S. Great lookin' guitar! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X