Yamaha RGX 321 Neck Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha RGX 321 Neck Problem

When I adjusted the trussrod of this guitar about 6 months ago, I was a bit too violent and broke it. Since then this guitar is lying around and waits for a repair or a new neck. At the moment there is no way to move the trussrod nut, and the guitar is unplayable because the neck isn't straight. Anyone has an idea how to repair this? I read somewhere that you can take off the fretboard for putting in a new trussrod, but I've never done this before.

I don't have much money at the moment, but as I am not allowed to post in the classifieds yet, I am asking here for someone who could sell me a cheap 24fret-neck (hope this is okay for you admins) in some weeks when I have money again.

Thanks in advance,
    hope somebody can help me

Re: Yamaha RGX 321 Neck Problem

Warmoth has necks for that in stock. They made the originals, too. Just change the neck.

Comment

Originally posted by reprieve:
      I am not allowed to post in the classifieds yet, I am asking here for someone who could sell me a cheap 24fret-neck
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hmmmmmmmmmm, you realize that you can't post in the classifieds because you are a junior member but you can post in other areas [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

You are industrious, I'll give you that [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks for your reply, Chuckracer.
        Thought about Warmoth too, but these necks are simply too expensive for me. My RGX is only my second guitar, the DKMG comes first. I paid only 150€ for this guitar (used) so I don't want to buy such an expensive neck for it.

@LesPaulCustom:
        I am sorry, but I have no idea what you want to tell me, english is not my native language [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Reprieve you have a PM I have just the neck you need. Contact me back.
          According To The Prophecy

Comment

Seems like Drake S. solved my problem [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

@LesPaulCustom:
              I am sorry, but I have no idea what you want to tell me, english is not my native language [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">He was trying to tell you DON'T POST STUFF LIKE THAT!!! There is a reason you are not allowed to post in the classifieds and posting in other sections about something that should be in classifieds is not allowed either! Check this thread and see:
              http://www.jcfonline.com/ubb/noncgi/...494;p=1#000002

As you can see they don't show much mercy on you when you do. It used to read "letting go of my DK2". Hope I clarified it for you but if you have any more questions please ask [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] .

Comment

Ok, now I understood. Will never happen again, I'm sorry [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Ok, now I understood. Will never happen again, I'm sorry [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It's cool...hopefully the admins are forgiving as well. Welcome to the board though [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] . Oh and BTW don't worry about LPC confusing you, english is the only language I know and he still confuses me [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] .

Comment

Originally posted by sdavis80:
                    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by reprieve:
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It's cool...hopefully the admins are forgiving as well. Welcome to the board though [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] . Oh and BTW don't worry about LPC confusing you, english is the only language I know and he still confuses me [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] . </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hey now.....easy there killer..... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Keep it up and the JCF team will think I'm a pocket protector wearing weinie [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by LesPaulCustom:
                      Keep it up and the JCF team will think I'm a pocket protector wearing weinie [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You aren't [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                      [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
                      You're just too intelligent for your own good man...it doesn't make you a weenie [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                      X