Guitar made with Warmoths parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar made with Warmoths parts

How do you feel about Warmoth parts? I'm thinking about having a guitar assembled with Warmoth parts. It wiuld be a Les Paul type guitar. Are Warmoth parts good? Anyone with experience with putting together guitars made out of Warmoth parts please give me your take on the subject. Thanks.

Re: Guitar made with Warmoths parts

I found this on the ESP forum.
    Maybe there's some good info there.

Comment

you can also find that same thread here! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

but to answer your question, yes, warmoth makes very nice parts. however, you're going to need some setup know-how to make it play as well as it could. expect to have to do fretwork and nut adjustments (if you're not putting a locking trem on it) at the very minimum. but hell, get the stuff, and shout if you need help, there's plenty of folks here who won't steer you wrong.

sully
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Thanks Sully for the advice. I have a friend of mine that used to work for Jackson and now has his own shop. He will be doing the assembly.

Comment

I just finished a Warmoth Soloist project and I couldn't be happier with the quaility. I ordered the neck and body finished so it was a bit on the pricey side, but it was well worth it. They use great quality woods, but like sully said, a little fret work might be in order. I had to dress the frets myself, but only to get super low action.

Good luck. Post some pics when it's done!
          "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

yeah great stuff nice quality, my only gripe is their standard control route. I think its too big, alot of hollow space, but you can order it anyway youde like. the thrift shop is a great place to get stuff too. nice cheap necks with cool options

Comment

I would love to put together a dream guitar from Warmoth parts too but I'm not too inclined in that direction. I'm the type who takes my guitar in to someone for pretty much everything so I'm affraid of messing up a pile of pretty expensive wood and steel.

They do have books on construction guitars from parts and I do have you guys so I might go for it at some point.
              I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Hey Ervin,
                Just save all your money so you can buy my PC1! Haha...just kiddin' ya! [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
                Would we all know your friend from Jackson?

Brian

Comment

Hi Brian:

Rest assure my main goal is to get all the money together for the PC1. I actually will be getting a bonus at the end of July and wanted to try something different with Warmoth. By the way, my friends name is Mike Navarro and he worked for Jackson during the 80's. He now has a shop here in PR and does amazing work.

Comment

Yeah, your Warmoth idea sounds cool. That's awesome that Puerto Rico has a former Jackson luthier working down there!

Brian

Comment

Working...
                    X